Go-FOC SV6 and Go-FOC SV4 ...Maker-X

Go-FOC SV6

Go-FOC SV4

18 Likes

Love the name

4 Likes

I have the old one, in same enclosure and form factor. Lets hope this model is better than the last one :wink:

3 Likes

Why are you using an XT-60 on an ESC that supports up to 100A? XT-90 would be more suitable.

8 Likes

I was thinking that too, looks cool though for an ESC

1 Like

Xt60 can handle 180A for 10s without issues so shouldn’t be a problem for any esk8 application anyway.

With this said, advertised esc specs should be taken with a bit of clear mind.
You think all the cheap hw4.12 escs which are advertised with 50A constant can handle that? :man_shrugging:

9 Likes

Do they not? Most advertise ridiculous bursts, but 50A continuous, and that’s what I run them at… Don’t have logs to see if it gets maintained though.

3 Likes

On an esk8?

1 Like

Yeah. I mean I definitely feel a difference changing that value to, say, 40A, so I must be reaching that limit. (Single drive 10s build, keep in mind)

4 Likes

Just because you set your bat max value to 50A doesn’t mean you run them at 50A continues keep that in mind.
Even if you run single drive you would need to run full throttle for 5-10min on a slightly uphill road to have that value real continues.
I do not have cheap hw4.12 escs, so I do not know shit to be fair, but I do not trust in there advertised specs non the less.

7 Likes

@rusins phase current and battery input current is 2 different thing

2 Likes

I know. Motors at 60, battery at 50.

1 Like

@YUTW123 are your motors for sale now?

2 Likes

Still in development. :relieved:

1 Like

Any chance of a higher rated anti-spark?

What was wrong with the last one?

1 Like

Got FOCed?

4 Likes

If it couldn’t, then that’s false advertising.

2 Likes

Didn’t like over 40amp…

2 Likes

What current settings would the SV6 handle at 12s? Who have you had test this ESC @YUTW123 ?

1 Like