Maker X SV6 VS ZESC V6C

How do these compare? I’m shopping around for my next build. I read and understand the specs, I want to hear what you guys think about these in terms of reliability and ease of use.

They are both probably pretty comparable if you run them conservatively.
20-25A battery, as much as 60 motor.

IMO they are the new replacement for the 4.12s that are <$50 now. Similar power specs, only worth the price over the 4.12 if you want/need v6 hw.

2 Likes

I’m building a high powered board with motors set to 80A each. The battery will be capable of >200A output. I refuse (and cannot afford) to use Trampa VESC6.

1 Like

no, 4.12 can’t run under 60a continuously. even 40a could trigger over temp protection. but v6c can.
makerx is rated for 30a continuously, because it has 6 fets. v6c has 12 fets.

2 Likes

Can the ZESC push 3000W continuously w/o accessory cooling?

Regardless, @jack.luis, these aren’t the ESCs for you. If you won’t buy a Trampa VESC, your options are limited. Maytech 6.x 200A singles, Unity gets your close… some other less desirable or outrageously expensive options… otherwise you’re stuck waiting.

You should build a higher current (and more expensive) 13s V6 ZESC.

I have. this is designed for 60v 330a.

4 Likes

I can test that for you. I have this:

It has enough power to push 100+ amps per motor. I’ll bring it to the mountains and push the limits.

1 Like

expected release date?
And for how much? :o

thanks, I am not going to sell this 330a version. I use it for my scooter’s 2kw hub motor.:grin:

4 Likes

Well thats a bummer :confused:

is focbox really able to run 80a continuously? you said that set 80a each. does it mean the maximum is 80a and the average is way less than 80?

The maximum is 100A on each motor. I’ve done hillclimbs and muddy offroading at these settings with no issues.

sounds good. once dual v6c comes, I will send you one.

1 Like

:grin: I am excited

Do you have a new batch coming I can’t seem to find it on ebay anymore was going to pull the trigger on 2 D: @zhanzhan

here’s the listing but i think @Skyart beat you the last two from the most recent batch
if you add it to your watchlist, ebay will notify you when the price drops back to down (which will indicate that @zhanzhan has stock on hand)

3 Likes

what price where they at before the drop