Maker-X Go-FOC DV4 (upgraded version) ----- Most Affordable Dual Drive ESC

Hey @YUTW123 I ordered about two weeks ago, but I still don’t have any sort of tracking information. I obviously expect delays, but do you know when I should be expecting my order? Thanks

Hello, what is your order number? Let me pm you

Hey mate, do you plan on ever producing the oled remote you shared late last year? It’s been out of stock on your website for months but still interested in it?

The dual hub motors on my board have Hall sensor connections with 5 wire harnesses. How would I connect it to the 6 wire hall connection on this ESC?

Do you have a pinout for the hub motors?

Skip what the temperature pin would be on the esc basically.
You got black for ground, red for 5v and 3 wires for hall sensors. Those 3 go in any order

1 Like

It’s a generic remote and you can find them cast wide. I thought I’d found somone selling 1x near the bulk rate, but yeah. The cover is cheap plastic, and the receiver is huge. Definitely not worth $75, might be an OK remote @ $30.

1 Like

Reciever is “huge” cause it has two buck converters in it. Just plug in LEDs and u got head light tail light with brake function. Works great

3 Likes

Pics? What led’s do you use?

not all GND is black colour, learnt it from boundmotor (GND was red)

theoretically, could I add a couple mph to my prebuilt board by upgrading to a vesc?

1 Like

You’d get better results just changing your gearing/motors/wheel size

A vesc is gonna be better than pretty much any prebuilt controller, not sure if you’ll get more speed though. It’s possible

1 Like

Thanks for the info, am after something like a VX1 but with an oled display. I don’t like the VX2 form factor or the idea of assembling my own from bits so thought it could be a good option.

1 Like

Only if your current ESC is a chokepoint.

FOC openloop stress test 60A phase current.

Under 60A current, it can last more than 2 minutes,I stopped the test due to severe motor heating.
If the heat dissipation conditions are ideal, it will be able to run continuously.

Next, I will test the 100A phase current to see how long it can last.

4 Likes

Put motors in water and it wont overheat, keep uninsulated wire outside obv.

1 Like

I am curious how much it can take on the battery side of things. Been running this my maker-x at 55A/motor since i got it

Following…

1 Like