Maker-X Go-FOC DV4 (upgraded version) ----- Most Affordable Dual Drive ESC

I go Ack 3.103 on everything.

l didn’t like ackmaniac app because some much bugs in it

1 Like

That you found or heard about? Frank from Trampa likes to massage the truth when it comes to Ack.

the problem i have was must of the time deconnection issue from the bluetooth module and i try 2 version

1 Like

but i still use the ack but if l can find a way to remove the bootloader , l will like to use the vesc tool

If you want to run the DV4 on 12s 80/-80 I think the results will not be depending on whether you’re using Ackmaniac/VESC Tool/Samsung’s newest firmware for microwaves.

4 Likes

Running dv4 at 55/-45 25/-15 on each side, 12s foc.
Sometimes weird stuff happened, like stopping and when starting, the board just going full speed backwards (not possible with settings used).
Around 20% of the full throttle launches at stop lights from a standstill end up jittery, i blame the flipshit hall sensors on that though.
Overall, in a little over 500km it never put me in a dangerous situation and never reached over 65°C in the hottest days.

1 Like

Can you describe the cutouts? Does it stay dead until you reboot? Any fault codes?

1 Like

That actually sounds pretty impressive!

EDIT: full speed backwards not so much.

Just slight lurches, coasting until it rengaged fairly quickly. Only the sleepy side needed a power cycle to come back to life, after which it might be fine for the next hour plus. Didn’t check fault codes, because I knew I had them too high.

1 Like

Still can’t wrap my head around that one. Remote can’t send such a command, and reverse button still only does 5km/hr in duty cycle :thinking:

Smart reverse bugging out?

1 Like

Do they happen at around the erpm switch point?

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t mind the “that was dumb of me to try” issues cropping up, but the “what the fuck was that” ones are the worst.

3 Likes

Nope. Rarely when pushing it. Rando.

1 Like

Neither. Pressing forward on the remote sent my board full speed backwards. Presssing back did duty cycle forwards

Edit: reverse function on vx1 remote does:
Forward on thumb: duty cycle reverse
Backwards on thumb: full speed forward.
Basically just putting the thumb wheel in a mirror

I use dual trigger remotes and will nevah evah use something else. For now.

1 Like

I can never see myself hitting the right button in a panic situation on those.
Job also involves thumb wheel sticks with very similar behaviour, fits like a glove mentally

1 Like

Muscle memory is a cool thing, you should stick to whatever you’re used to.

1 Like

Just got my DV4. I was impressed by the packaging, that thing could’ve dropped from the plane and it wouldn’t have a scratch. I was surprised to see 14AWG main and motor leads, since I wasn’t planning on trying to put it through more than 35-40ish amps per side anyway, that should do fine.

3 Likes