Maker-X Go-FOC DV4 (upgraded version) ----- Most Affordable Dual Drive ESC

je suis français! l am french so give me a break

What voltage?

12s and 8s

How can you use two voltages?

Right now I have the small dv4 running on 8s6p with two hub motors, 25 batt amps each. It’s doing fine so far

1 Like

you kidding me right ? just unplug the battery 12s and plug the 8s

1 Like

The French that I’ve learned uses capitals and punctuation as well. Must be different in Canada.

I have a Flipshit and my DV4 has cleared customs. If I get it on Monday, I should be able to make a direct comparison in the coming weeks.

No, he’s not kidding. Your question was a bit hard to understand, mostly due to the missing punctuation. Also, 12s wasn’t recommended a couple of times earlier in the thread.

3 Likes

Have you upped the amps a bit to see what it can handle or did you plan it to be 25A?

I planned for it to be 25 or 30a because its 4wd, so I don’t want to wreck my batteries, max there would be ~120 battery amps from the four controllers. The hubs can’t even take much more than that anyway.

I picked up one of the go foc retros just recently (not arrived yet) and plan to run that at a higher amperage

1 Like

Ah ok, that makes sense. I just wanted to try a DV4 for a small board. I guess I would need max 35-40ish amps per side for a 2WD. As far as I’ve seen that should be all right.

2 Likes

Yeah I think that would be okay, most people have gotten away with that, especially at lower than 12s

1 Like

Everything up to 10s should be ok. I’ll get away with 40 amps I hope!

1 Like

Mine is very happy at 40/-40/30/-12 and very unhappy above that.

2 Likes

That sounds perfect for my needs! What board do you have it on?

2 Likes

How so, does it overheat?

1 Like

Rainy season, so I swapped it out for a potted ESC and it’s resting on the shelf. But I ran it in my dual 6374 build for quite a while and have moved it in and out of others.

2 Likes

Not really, just cutouts and one side likes to drop off into sleep now and again.

1 Like

So 40A was right on the edge or do you have a bit of margin?

1 Like

For me, 40 was the line in the sand. 10s and BLDC, BTW.

2 Likes

Ok, all good for a cruiser then. Thanks!

1 Like

what version vesc you use ? l been using old 4.10 for about 2 year at 80/-80/50/-10
at 12s without foc therefore i will like to try the foc dv4 with the same setting

1 Like