Maker-X Go-FOC DV4 (upgraded version) ----- Most Affordable Dual Drive ESC

I mean I guess it depends on airflow… I have mine set at 35A battery amps each side and have had no issues. Most other people previously recommended setting at similar load levels.

3 Likes

Those sensor wire plugs are the same… pull out the wires and put the remote’s ones after you clear out that hot glue mess

Um… 50A each side? 100A total?
After it first burnt out on detection and was replaced by seller, mine worked nicely for 1000+km at 25~27A/side battery amps and 50~55A/side motor amps. It is replaced now by 2 trampa vescs that have seen close to 300km already in less than a month

1 Like

Yes, he replaced me it for about 60 dollars and shipped from the China. Idk, where was problem, seller don’t know exactly it too (just said that DRV chip is damaged)… It is really strange problem…

1 Like

Your ESC, the DRV chip is damaged due to an external 5V short circuit.

1 Like

Yes, thats all what you said, don’t know how did IT happen… Doesn’t matter… Bought unity Focbox.

Currently I am thinking about getting 2 MAKERX MINI-FOC or MINI-FOC PLUS

But I am not sure if the plus is necessary for my build. I‘d like to use them for two sensored hub motors based on 6355 with 50A max motor amps for each motor, 60-80A max battery amps and 8S in FOC mode for a street board.

I know one should not squeeze the maximum amps out of an ESC but as I go with only 8S, maybe it’s different and I can safe some 35 bucks here :thinking:

Or is it classy for “How could I even dare to risk it for 35€ bucks difference?!”

1 Like

If you’re planning to actually push 60 to 80 battery amps each I don’t think the smaller one is going to be enough

It is true that the 8s is easier on some of the components but when you’re pushing that many amps it quickly becomes a heat problem too

1 Like

Maybe you should wait for our brand new DV6.:nerd_face:

7 Likes

Not 60-80A from battery for each motor. 60A-80A battery Amps maximum for both.

According to calculations, each motor won’t exceed 30A continuous Amps at full speed under normal circumstances but could tolerate 50A if necessary.

Battery is a 8S4P with Samsung 30Q, so about 60A continuous Amps. Nevertheless, I think I’ll go for the Plus. Better safe than sorry

1 Like

In fact, mini can withstand 80A continuous current. As long as the heat can be dissipated. For example, use two large aluminum plates to clamp it.

But it is not recommended to use this way, after all, it is a small ESC.:zipper_mouth_face:

Hurry up and take my money :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

And we love it for its small size :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

How long does shipping usually take to Europe (Germany)?

1 Like

10 days

1 Like

New version released

Please come to the first floor~~

Cheers~

7 Likes

that’s thick for a V4 :eyes:

3 Likes

Can we see the insides?

3 Likes

Nice price couldn’t pass it up :v:

4 Likes

Does the new version has the same size (in terms of width and length at least) as the previous version?

1 Like

92*77*22.5MM (new, advertised)

vs

62*77*22MM (old, measured, heatshrink on)

So, quite a bit wider, it would seem.

1 Like