Maker-X Go-FOC DV4 (upgraded version) ----- Most Affordable Dual Drive ESC

Oh that’s no good… One of the main reasons to buy the old dv4 was the tiny size haha

What are the improvements on this one?

4 Likes

Same here. I really liked the old DV4 mostly due to its size factor. I waited patiently for the new DV4 and now I’m not quite sure if I’ll get it.

3 Likes

Yeah, would have smashed buy on 2 if they had been close to the original size. Still not a bad deal for a nicely packaged dual 4.xx.

If you want to stick to small the “GO FOC RETRO” looks to be the better choice now.

PCB: 60x91x16.5MM (Including capacitor height)
Cooling BOX : 65x95x18.5MM (Including capacitor height)

Cooling is important, I can’t blame him for making it bigger. I run my original DV4 light for that reason.

4 Likes

While the Retro do have a compact size, it’s far more expensive then the DV4.

For me, the DV4 was the perfect solution for not high-powered builds that will be very cost-friendly and have small enclosures to be as much compact boards as can be.
I run my old DV4 light and I like it. If I want better performance, I’ll get the DV6 (which I did for another esk8).

4 Likes

Has the DV4 been tested by anyone in the forum?

3 Likes

He hasn’t shipped any of the new ones yet, so I doubt it. but I’ve been happy with the original one I’ve use on two daily boards. Probably ~500 miles at 25A/-10 battery 35A/-35A motor per side.

6 Likes

Same here, I have the last version, different than the OG one, but not the new one. Running about the same, battery 25A / -10, 34/34 motor side. This is on a 4wd hub build, so not super stressed. It’s running on four way split PPM

3 Likes

Aluminum cover upgrade

2 Likes

I bought one of these to replace my original Maker Dual 4. The improved build quality is very much apparent. Will get it set up in January.

7 Likes

Christmas offer . 10% discount .:evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

1 Like

The whole enclosure is aluminum or just the bottom part?

Whole enclosure, same as DV6.

Edit: And its really nice, super good weight to it, seems to keep the fets cool too.

3 Likes

What’s the difference between this device and your other device? They look different.

GO-FOC RETRO ------BASED ON OFFICIAL VERSION VESC4.12 3-12S – FROM MAKER-X

3 Likes

Recommend DV4, more cost-effective!

3 Likes

Could you parallel two of your switches and pull over 100A?

1 Like

Bump!
Ok so who has been running some of these? What’s biggest stable settings? Have some for upcoming 4wd build and keen to see what people have been running these at. 10s planned.

I’ve got one running at 35 motor amps 25 battery amps per side running two hub motors on a 4wd hub build.

No heatsink. Needless to say, this setup is not stressing it very hard. However, from what I’ve heard these are about the settings you can expect to run. For reference, this board is an 8s board.

1 Like

Cheers. Yup gonna use heatsinks, so hoping for slightly higher values if I can.