Maker-X Go-FOC DV4 (upgraded version) ----- Most Affordable Dual Drive ESC

I’d say start conservatively and absolutely abuse it. Then check temps. After you confirm they are okay, then turn up the values a bit.

1 Like

Can 2 of these DV4 be used for a 4WD build? Can they be connected via CAN?

1 Like

No the question is may you connect four can

4 Likes

I really hope you managed to fix the connection instability issues, with my first DV4 the small pins connecting the two pcbs went loose again causing shutdown of one side. Any other ESC is too big now :slight_smile: so i had to buy one of those new ones.
@Luke Its looks like only one PCB?

2 Likes

I bought one of these maker x also. So far only issue was I had to flash the boot loader before the vesc software would let me update the vesc. Working like a champ now.

1 Like

It’s not really an issue, makerx just ships all of their Vescs with no bootloader and they just don’t tell anyone for some reason.

1 Like

Hi, did you ever fix this? I’m having a simular problem. Thanks

2 Likes

Yea i got trampa vescs. 8000km later and they’re running perfect

2 Likes

Thanks, definitely would like some proper trampa vescs at some point.

1 Like

Try the hd60t from them. May seem pricy but you don’t need an antispark for it

1 Like

10 days later I got it, spooky actually :smiley: nationwide parcels sometimes take longer than that.
First look was great @YUTW123 :+1: :+1: :+1:

Is the current limit per motor or in total?

I mean the 60A continuous -100A MAZ

With this esc you should have each motor set to 60 motor amps. From there keep the absolute max at its limit and it can spike to 100a but should stay around 60.

Ok so finally setting my 4wd up w these (it’s been a while).

What’s the method for CAN cable?
4 ended daisy chain? what wires?
CANH, CANL only?

All powered at same time by one wiring harness (loop key)

2 Likes

Canh canl only

3 Likes

did you ever figure out which firmware to use?

the 4.10, 4.11 and 4.12 firmware. Get vesc tool 3.0.0 here (dont use 3.0.1/fw5.3) Release v3.0.0 · rpasichnyk/vesc_tool · GitHub

Hi guys,

My dv4 is doing great in BLDC, but this morning I tried FOC-HFI and the start is so smooth,

Anyone running DV4 in FOC HFI mode? Is it too much to ask to this esc?

Why would you not just use sensored FOC?

I’m gonna go out on a limb here and assume he doesn’t have sensored motors :sweat_smile:

3 Likes