Maker-X Go-FOC DV4 (upgraded version) ----- Most Affordable Dual Drive ESC

Thanks for the update. Let us know when shipments are back to normal so I can grab one layer this year

2 Likes

Also ordered last month and still waiting. With delay if the virus & New Years it seems reasonable so I haven’t yet questioned it. Hopefully it arrives shortly.

1 Like

I ordered mine during black friday and it arrived in 30 days to canada. Pretty standard, no complaints there.

Understandable delays with CNY and the virus and everything. I heard that entire fulfillment/shipping centers are shut down. Really out of anyones control :frowning:

1 Like

Yeah but that doesnt excuse completely ignoring emails.

2 Likes

+1

@YUTW123 if you keep posting new items for sale and do not reply to emails and PMs, we get the impression all you care about is getting us to buy one more unit. This makes people hesitate to do business with you.

You can change this really easily, and I’m guessing dramatically increase sales, by improving post sales communications, in private conversations as well as in here, addressing problems with existing models and such.

I understand the last couple of months are a bit crazy though. Stay safe!

3 Likes

Can someone explain why I would buy the dual high power for 430 when I can just get two single high power with cooling for 260?

assuuming I have the space

I am very happy with my dual drive its exceeded my expectations. A few issues with the uart port but I was able to resolve. Canbus works well paired with FS esc 6.6 and 4.2 tested. Voltage is more stable than fs esc. I like Makerx dont exaggerate the current handling its realistic to the amount of cooling included. I finally found a build to suit this board. My Stoke style build “lil cock” its not likely to need heaps of current with only 30 18650. Its also my first build to have a diy enclosure. I have soldered MR60 connectors to the phase wires for easy connect/dissconnect. The MakerX antispark was resent and I received its not precharge style so I wont use it on any high current projects.

5 Likes

Completely understand you cant control the postal system. And virus outbreaks. But i ordered it boxing day the virus came out like a week and a bit ago.
At the very least try and have postal tracking that works.
We fork out hundreds and hundreds of dollars on your products. I feel the least you can do is use a courier that actually updates there tracking properly.

3 Likes

Thanks man . New to the forum and building my second diy deck now

2 Likes

Sorry friend but we have deal with virus since December here in China.

8 Likes
  1. Virus outbreak came in December

2. This is standard for a lot of products from overseas. It gets shipped from an oversea carrier which then gets picked up by a local carrier once it goes through customs. You can’t control customs either.

Pretty much any postal service I’ve dealt with has always had a hiccup at one point or another, especially when it comes from overseas. Just have to be patient and wait for it to come.

I think it’s more or less assumed that when you order overseas, standard practice is to wait about a month or so. Of course there are faster methods but then you’ll have to pay more

5 Likes

Yeah but when you email the seller just asking whether it has been sent or not, the least they can do is respond.

Yes

No

Takes less than a second to type either word.

5 Likes

Hi , man. What is your order number? and what issue you met?

Because our customer service didn’t come to work. So the reply is slow. so sorry guys.

11 Likes

This my tracking number man.

Im not trying to be ungreatfull or nasty.
To be honest I’m really looking forward to my products.
It’s just worrying with communication is lacking.
I’m not trying to down play the virus or when it started , to be honest its not what I’m concerned with.
I’m not asking for the postal service to magicly make it appear the next day or blame you thst it hasn’t.
Its just worrying and frustrating spending hundreds of dollars and receiving no updstes , no correspondence…nothing…

1 Like

lol, China is on lockdown, ya’ll. People are scared for their lives and the lives of their loved ones, and people are being told not to go back to work beyond the end of the holidays on the 2nd.
Selling escs to Americans isn’t these guys hobbies or life mission, it’s their job, and most of them aren’t giving a second thought to their jobs right now.

Give 'em a break.

10 Likes

Hey mate, my order number is 1102.

I don’t have an issue as such, its just frustrating seeing you post product links here when you haven’t responded to emails from paying customers.

1 Like

Its tough at the moment i have cctv cameras stuck in china since dec. And now the Chinese Gov has extended the sping festival (chinese new year) to help stop the spread of the virus#. so the shut down will extend till the end of feb this year.
The electronic market will be closed till then so getting parts, tools, flux and paste will be near impossible. My business is effected and my hobby but my heart goes to those effected in a more real way living this nightmare. https://youtu.be/J12TTFu0mss

3 Likes

My dual drive build

First time using mr60 connectors and first diy carbon fibre enclosure.
Lil cock named after the evolve bantum before they found globe was already selling a board with that name at one of their retail outlets here in Oz.

4 Likes

@RyEnd Did you manage to test this at the rated 80a?

I have mine set for 60a battery total and 60a per motor on BLDC (unsensored). Testing it inside my hallway, it seems to stutter quite a bit on startup. I was hoping changing it to FOC (unsensored) would help? But I have read that FOC hits the electronics harder than BLDC so I don’t want to fry it :confused:

I needed a temporary ESC in the Eskate Enteprise after the meltdown of my previous ESC.

I ran one of these on 12S @ 30A battery/60A motor BLDC per ESC… for science. :joy: I covered 13.5 miles total with some decent hills and maximum speed (35 MPH) runs.

Metr telemetry is here for those curious:

(First mike was not tracked on Metr)

7 Likes