Lookin for batteries 10s2p+

Where would I find that battery?

10s2p for 100$ done and done. No need for anything Fancy.

5 Likes

Facts, I just need an enclosure then.

1 Like

@Bordboy just take into account they are not using Samsung 18650 cells but rather LG. And based on some research I don’t believe their discharge rate is the same as the Samsung cell. They are rated at 10A continuous discharge not sure if that is the true discharge but I know it’s definitely a lot lower. So with these cells you’d get 20A continuous discharge I believe vs 40 using the Samsung cells.

Assuming 2P.

You should go for the 3p option, better discharge and range and still an amazing deal.

3 Likes

Meepo 100

1 Like

take a look at my build thread
$80 battery
$4 enclosure :wink:

2 Likes

I have a 10S2P with sanyo 20700B cells, built by me. I used it for 2 cycles on a board that went to 12S and then as a tester for Chinese ESC’s for a month or so. It’s essentially new, but about 4 months since built, $200 shipped inside the US.

2 Likes

this is not a bad deal

1 Like

What size enclosure for you need?

Something at least 160mm wide if I’m going with a metro board battery

@Bordboy

do you have any solid leads? i have a 12s2p that just came out of a board that got upgraded. i don’t know what to do with it, could probably let it go real cheap. pm if interested if you’re into 12s.

2 Likes

Looking for a battery? Want the best of the best for nearly dirt cheap?? Then head down to @M.Hboards for all your battery build needs. He offers fully customizable batteries catered to all your esk8 needs. Don’t got cash?? He’ll gladly accept healthy human organs as payment as well!

All seriousness, can’t recommend him enough. Awesome dude

5 Likes

160mm wide is not hard to achieve for an enclosure. You’d have a hard time finding one that’s too narrow.

Realistically, like any project. Best way is to set a budget and get the best one from there. If your budget is under 150, chances are it’s the metro.
If you go above that, maybe 230ish, someone would probably build you a 10s2p out of 18650s since That’s only like $80 in cells so it becomes lucrative.

Self promoting but why not :new_moon_with_face:

1 Like

check this out. maybe not the best way, but arguably cheap. and very tough. I got a few hundred miles on that enclosure, and more than a few pretty good hits to it and no cracks

When in doubt buy one for ~$40…
My secret, hoverboard battery replacements, all over eBay/amazon

2 Likes

After all the suggestions I might try and make my own enclosure and spend a little extra to get a bigger metroboard battery. That seems like the best use of money, plus I get a bigger battery out of it.

12s is just too much power. I don’t need that kind of power for what I’m running so the headroom isn’t quite worth it. Unlike bioboards I don’t need 50mph easy, I’d like to keep my head in place

Thanks for the offers and the help though it’s all appreciated

1 Like

How about these. The cheapest

1 Like