Lookin for batteries 10s2p+

I’m trying to renovate an old 4s build that I built on the cheap with a bigger battery. It’s near impossible to find batteries on a budget but if you’re trying to get rid of something maybe 10s2p or bigger on the cheap then hit me up with a price and I’ll let you know if I’m down to buy.

Also if anyone know the best way to make a cheap enclosure I could use that sage knowledge as well.

Not asking for much are ya :slight_smile:

I’m a simple man and I don’t have a lot of money. I only ask for the sweet sweet power of higher voltage

2 Likes

Maybe look at some of the less expensive lipos, you can get 2s or 5s packs reasonably and put them in series to get 10s.

I did, but they always cap at around 5Ah and they get real expensive real fast. I’m also looking for something thinner, as my clearance under the board isn’t infinite. I’m currently running a huge 16Ah 4s Lipo but it’s not doing me that well.

You can split that into a 8s 8ah pack if you’re careful

1 Like

:grimacing::grimacing::grimacing: yeah but like I’m young and my mother will not let me try that. She’s terrified I’m gonna burn the house down already and that was just soldering.

2 Likes

Check battery+enclosure from meepo, ownboard, backfire etc they are cheaper

1 Like

I have lots and lots of cells if you are interested, 18650s I mean lots they are recycled quality cells LG Samsung Panasonic ect.
Trying to get hold of 5 tonnes of them at the moment for a group buy.

I recycle them and test them for capacity and internal resistant and check the capacity degradation from original capacity and if they degrade more than 10 percent they don’t get used, also test the temperature of the he cell and temp of the cell whilst charging.

Don’t be put off by using recycled cells most are 2500ma or higher and are pretty much the same as they left the factory.

They are cleaned up and re wrapped to make them pretty

Don’t be put of by what is said next, just. Google power bank there are many many people recycleing cells to make battery packs.

Its pretty easy to make a pack with different capacity cells, there are calculators that work out each pack.

I sell lots on ebay.

6 Likes

Please don’t spread misinformation.
A powerbank uses a very low current per cell unlike our application.
Recycled cells are not suitable for esk8.

6 Likes

Does anybody know how to make a website?

4 Likes

This is a weird thread to ask, but that depends on the kind of website.
Mostly just use square space or something along to that.
My brother made audi.de so that’s the other end

3 Likes

The battery that @murdomeek got off AliExpress for his friend’s build sounds like your best bet.

1 Like

The best way to do it is webflow. They have great tutorials. It will take you few days to learn, but it is a useful still and generates usable HTML/CSS code.

Twas but a joke

1 Like

You could eventually buy 20 samsung 30q cells and a vruzend kit. This will cost something like 140usd.
The problem with Vruzend is that a lot of space is wasted due to the large caps. Nese is also an option. Less space wasted but much more expensive. A much better choice imho is to buy yourself a spotwelder and build your own battery. But your mum might not approve that :slightly_smiling_face:
I bought a sunkko spotwelder for less than 100euros and it works great (for the moment)

1 Like

And for the enclosure, maybe someone could 3d print you one from thingiverse.

1 Like

giphy

3 Likes

I’d love to get a spot welder but that’s definitely not gonna fly with my mother. I can ask but idk how it’ll work out.

I understand your mum’s concern tbh. But before you ask her inform yourself of all precautions needed when building a battery pack. Your mum will appreciate most probably appreciate it if you show her that you know the risk involved and the fact that you’ve build up some knowledge about battery building stuff.

1 Like