Loaded unlimited hub motors experience?

A shame they don’t sell motors to solve those financial challenges.

5 Likes

So…. The one old motor I got doesn’t quite spin up when throttle input is low, mid to full throttle it will start to spin. No problems really with the newish motor :sweat_smile:. Can’t complain too much lol

No setting changes just ran normal motor detection.

2 Likes

Not specific to this ESC or remote, but generally bench testing has completely different results than testing under load, and perceived problems exactly like this often evaporate as soon as a load is applied.

6 Likes

Basically the older one has a little more drag in the bearings and doesn’t spin up with as low of a current as the other one.
The same would happen on a belt drivetrain if one is a lot more tight than the other, for example.

Not gonna be an issue when ridden as long as you don’t feel any grinding etc. with it.

2 Likes

sensorless? have u tried HFI on these?

2 Likes

Great points, hmm I have not tried HFI I’ll have to look into that.

HFI is definitely the move with these motors, I think they should detect pretty well, I’ve only done it with FocBoxes and Unitys but they ran really well

2 Likes

Is HFI only doable via the desktop app or can I do it through the mobile app?

I think you can do it with metr

1 Like

I can’t imagine being able to tune it well without a large screen (desktop) and a wired connection.

It’s probably technically possible.

1 Like

I could never get HFI to work on these hubs

1 Like

Unlimited mode is pretty damn cool. Imagine if your board had the free roll of a well lubed longboard when you let off the throttle :drooling_face:

These things are damn punchy when you fully unlock it via the app. I actually turned the punch down a bit

Clearance is acceptable for street riding. Always be careful :grin:

10 Likes

'bout to scrape the jewels there :grimacing:

3 Likes

LMAO it’s a sleeper for sure, I make ppl question their purchase when I take fly by them on hub motors. I run everything on the app maxed out and get only 7 miles of range so I always carry 2 spare batteries :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

What’s the stock capacity? I was gonna do 12s1p P26A

1 Like

I’ll get slightly better range at least :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

p28a :smirk:

1 Like

I could carve out the deck a bit and go to 10s1p P42A

the battery is bolt on to a CF plate that’s held up by the truck bolt, not sure if there is even space to fit p42a if u remove all unwanted material inside the battery