Loaded unlimited hub motors experience?

Still need to find pole pairs out. Anybody who’s riding these on vescs ever find out? Y’ALL AREN’T GONNA MAKE ME TAKE MINE APART ARE YOU???

5 Likes

they are back in stock right now, get them while you can. Purple is best imo

Mine were all almost new luckily, looks to be a toss up.

Here are some samples from my best and worst ones. Outsides of all of them looked good.
Best:

Worst:

11 Likes

:four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

Anyone know if the cone washer is something you can buy somewhere else ? They are super needed

2 Likes

Daaamn those are clean, your worst is on par with my new lol.

@Zachsnotboard maybe try emailing them about the cone washer? Or how to get it?

1 Like

Yes. For all of you who got these, super important to have received the cone washers. Also stated that the speed washers for whatever reason play an important role in the mounting. If you didn’t receive them, ya gotta contact them to have them send it. I had the best luck going to the loaded site and leaving a message with technical support. Like call the number. I left a message and a very kind fellow named Nigel helped me out. They were sent within a few days. See if they’re willing to throw in a few extras as well. I’m guessing when you change trucks or remove the motors to service, it’s prudent to use a new one. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Bruh, thems deadass look brand spanking new. Didja get em for $60 or $80? Either way, HELLUVA DEAL.

1 Like

I got mine for $80, but yeah they look sooooo good. I can tell some were lightly used but I feel like it was at most a test ride around a parking lot haha.

I got 2 of the upgrade sets as well so in total it was 4x hubs, 4x sleeves, and 4x regular wheels. Planning on either making either 1x 4wd board and putting the regular wheels on my push board or making 2x 2wd boards so my partner and I can ride together with similar boards. Super stoked for them but first I gotta finish my MTB…

6 Likes

Ya. Good plans haha. I went the opposite and ditched the mtb build to get these on a plank. Gotta build a battery and figure out a flexibms and I’m off to the races. I was tempted to do the same, but shipping to my country kinda soured the deal a bit and had to respect my empty wallet.

3 Likes

You guys are the worst.
:pinched_fingers:

I did not have any intention of building a thane hub board and now I reallllly want one.

4 Likes

I’m OP on this thread and I’m #pneumiemasterrace now. The grip is too good to go back

3 Likes

I’m on the verge of doing motor detection, I guess I’ll go with ten for now?

1 Like

I cannot confirm the validity of this information, but a quick search found this

Source: Hub Motor Detection Successful but motors hum and don't spin on remote acceleration - #6 by Pugtastic - ESK8 Electronics - Electric Skateboard Builders Forum | Learn How to Build your own E-board

7 Likes

14pole pairs is a lot :exploding_head:

Wouldn’t be abnormal. The old Maytech hubs had 14 pairs as well.

3 Likes

Shout out to @Venom121212

One hub has minor signs of wear the other barely used. $312 for 2 hubs, 2 wheels and 4 liners.

9 Likes

I snoozed and missed the clearance sale. I blame the wildfire in my backyard. If anyone has a pair they decide to sell along with some sleeves please DM me - In no hurry, but really wish I could have put these on my otherwise complete Bustin Sportster before Unlimited went belly up.

1 Like

Why’d they go belly up? Surprised to hear and they look nice.

2 Likes
2 Likes