Little FOCer! 84V 5kW VESC-Based Controller

That’s a bit much for the rev, no? I hit like 24 on one and it wasn’t the best experience.

Stability wise?

Totally stable

Why?

Comfort wise. It felt janky. Maybe it was just the unit I tested as it was a demo unit.

Definitely not a self balancing vehicle. I’m using a onewheel hub motor as a rear wheel for a mini chopper.

11 Likes

Holy shit that’s cool lol

2 Likes

That’s cool as shit. Did you see this light, because something like this would be cool on that.

2 Likes

That’s really cool @b264 I did not see that. Haven’t been spending as much time on here lately.

Looks promising! Are the 250A versions in the works? I understand that due to chip supply, production is an issue, but do you have a ballpark estimate when it will launch? So I can prepare my fingers to buy :grin:

Also, is this compatable connecting two of them using CAN?

1 Like

He had to raise the price. It’s no longer three fingers, its now a whole hand.

1 Like

This is awesome! What settings did you use in the FW tab? Any other settings you had to change elsewhere?

2 Likes

Alright everyone! I finally got some stock in the hands of my distributors.Makers PEV (https://www.makerspev.com) for stateside orders and CustomWheel (https://customwheel.shop/) for everywhere else.

The stock at Makers PEV is a version in which you provide your own heatsink or mount the controller directly into your system (such as directly to the chassis). Using thermal pad on the MOSFETs is mandatory. This is not a beginner-friendly version and experience in VESC controllers and electronics is recommended. Makers PEV will also have wiring harness meant for installation in popular balance applications.

Right now the stock at CustomWheel is centered around balance applications with certain specific wiring harnesses being included for easier installation. Check it out for details.

The more generalized version with a heatsink is still under way and will be available at both distributors. Mainly just waiting on the heatsinks for those. ETA is 1 month for the version with heatsinks

9 Likes

Got two! My wallet is now crying. Lol. Hopefully all goes well.

5 Likes

Nice! I’ve loved beta testing that controller for you. I may have to get a jerb just so I can buy more :joy:

1 Like

Hi everyone.
My English is not perfect and I did not understand well, is there currently a heatsink on that of customwheel?

2 Likes

Not yet

thank you for the information

1 Like

What’s the current ratings of these modules

2 Likes

I updated the specs of the first post for the V3. You’re thermal management has to be on point though to get these current numbers reliably.

5 Likes

V3 FOCer OW export step.STEP (3.4 MB)

2 Likes

Anyone following this cut more off. You want flat on all sides.

I think I did this right.
My concerns about metal dust getting on the ESC may or maybe not warranted.

Any input?