LACROIX Stormcore ESC and iOS app info

*Looks at my 100D increduously*

1 Like

Closing the loop on this. Charles sent me a new 60D unit. I connected it and programmed it and it works as intended. Powers off when I need it. It is using the same power switch as the previous unit, so it must be something within the previous unit itself.

I sent back the previous unit to Lacroix today, happy and satisfied with my new one. Charles says they plan to look into what caused the last unit to do this reboot sequence.

Overall, cheers to Lacroix. This wasnā€™t really a safety issue, but certainly a quality of life issue as obviously one wants to be able to turn their board off.

8 Likes

Another UART overloader here; DaveGA, Robogotchi, OSSR, WavRX, Metr Pro etc, will always want at least 2 x uart

6 Likes

I finally broke down and messaged customer service about needing the second uart port. I purchased the rogotochi module the day before the bad news broke.

11 Likes

Iā€™m having an interesting issue with my Stormcore 60D. It never puts out more than ~42.5 motor amps to either motor. I set the motor amp limit at 65A for each side (6374s) initially and then I changed it later to 55A to see if that affected it. But neither setting seemed to affect the amps actually going to the motor. The motors have no temperature sensors, and no other setting seems to explain this limit.

Iā€™m running the firmware it shipped with, fw 5.1

Does the brain trust have any ideas on what I can do to resolve this or further tests to try?

1 Like

Same results with different motors?

1 Like

What is your battery current settings? Also is the remote calibrated right? It goes to 100% on the realtime display?

1 Like

Psst 100% unobtainable iirc

1 Like

I think Pedro is referring to the remote setting, meaning the ppm signal, not the duty cycle

5 Likes

Exactly

And depending on the other settings, rider weight, motor and all that, there is a chance that higher currents wonā€™t happen

A motor/setup will only ā€œtakeā€ as much current as it can for a give loading in a given situation, itā€™s not because you will set higher values that they will happen

1 Like

very good guess! I checked my PPM calibration and it was set at the defaults which was 20% off the values of my VX1. I ran the calibration and tested this morning and that fixed the issue.

When I ran the previous tests, I made sure to go full throttle from a dead stop, standing straight up to maximize my aero drag in order to provide the most loading. The metr logs showed a spike up to 42.5A and then it stayed at 42.5A +/- 0.5A until about 20mph. I had seen that behavior before in my other boards when they reached the motor amp max, so thatā€™s how I knew it was capped somehow.

After the fix, it now jumps to 65A, the motor amp limit.

8 Likes

In your 4WD setup do the Stormcores communicate to each other, or is a split signal from the remote?

2 Likes

Can bus between the 2 cores.

2 Likes

Anyone else reached out about needing a second uart port?

No reply from CS yet :pensive:

5 Likes

Been meaning to myself. Iā€™ll get on it.

Are new Stormcores shipping with both functional uart ports now?

3 Likes

I havenā€™t been told to show up at the shop yet

2 Likes

I imagine there are units leftover from batch #1, so theyā€™re sending those out.

2 Likes

Nice!

Have you tried it against a 100D yet? I wanted to know if you could get enough power from the 5v rail on the CAN port.

It may be just a problem to do with iLogger or indeed just my Stormcore, but the iLogger did not have enough power to completely boot. However using the 5v from UART was not a problem(but obviously is if I want to use the port for another option!).

So any experience here from anyone else trying a CAN-port powered accessory on Stormcore?

oh thatā€™s interesting, thereā€™s a 10 Ohm resistor in series on the 5V pin of the CAN bus connector on the stormcore. That resistor is in place for 4WD application to safely connect two 5V rails together for simultaneous bootup with one button.

R101 is the 10 Ohm resistor, could try to remove it and put a short on it or a 0 ohm resistor

on the TOP side, just left of the CAN connector, remove the two long screws on the front, then you should be able to press on the plastic shroud to unclip it. If itā€™s still not coming, loosen the 4 bottom screws, the plastic shroud should come off

3 Likes