LACROIX Stormcore ESC and iOS app info

There isn’t a good way to jump it. Pretty much every pin on the MCU is in use so it requires swapping.

Well I guess some of you might be slightly more interested in Metr Pro CAN now :see_no_evil:
We are working hard on it and very close to release now :sweat_smile:

26 Likes

So in basic words, what do those ports allow as of currently installed hardware? You said you doubled on pinning. Does this mean side port is piggyback riding on the other port?

Haha unintentionally very useful all of a sudden.

But seriously guys, if this totally messes up plans open a ticket with lacroix support and we will try and get you sorted. It might take a little time but we don’t want anyone to feel they were left out to dry.

17 Likes

you guys fucking rock. This is next level CS.

8 Likes

Yup. I’m all sorted out

But I’m still curious about my last question

UART devices I generally use on every build are A remote like VX2 or Maytech and Metr

4 Likes

The uart pins of the mcu are mapped to specific set of pins. So there are like 3 different sets of pins for each of uart drivers and you can select between them for each of the uarts. I accidentally selected two sets of uart 3 pins instead of one from uart 2 and one from uart 3. So you could use the ports alternating but not simultaneously. You can also use the pins for uart output at the side and i2c from the main but nobody really uses i2c except for sensors and such.

4 Likes

The wrong dual function pin was used, essentially UART3 was used twice, leaving UART2 high and dry

3 Likes

As we move toward more can enabled devices I would like to also add uart to those with the ability for other devices to serve information up to them. It’s quite easy to forward along information through CAN.

2 Likes

You guys and your jibberish :ok_hand::rofl:

So side port works, but only if you don’t use the main port? Am I understanding?

1 Like

Correct. It’s an either or, and I’d need to add a different firmware or an option to switch between them. Something cool coming soon in vesc tool will be hardware specific config settings, so we can add in settings specifically for our rgb switch or the like.

1 Like

This guy, waltzing in here with the obvious solution :rofl:

7 Likes

Yeah you guys are dope! Love the CS

1 Like

Don’t compliment us until we actually get some stuff done :laughing:

It will be some time until we can sort the issue particularly for 100D.

3 Likes

I have been waiting for the second UART so I can use OSRR beta remote (sat in a draw cause I can’t use it) alongside the metr I currently have fitted. Think that’s probably the most common use case.

Came back to check if there was an update yesterday cause I just received a robogotchi and wanted to do some back to back log testing against Metr. Probably not a common use case.

3 Likes

Same for me, OSRR and Metr/Robogotchi

2 Likes

freesk8/osrr + robogotchi/freesk8 core + davega

6 Likes

Is there a way to delete rides on the stormcore app? I have so many on there that are just from accidently tapping the start button thinking it will show a larger map.

1 Like

Maytech remote for telemetry currently and robogotchi en route.

You’re super duper sure I can’t just use the TX and RX pins for my remote? Pretty please?

First world problems :sweat_smile:

2 Likes