Kaly Out of Buisness?

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

shut yo bitch ass up discourse, we can criticize jesus.

4 Likes

:100::100::100::100::100::fax::fax::fax::fax:

the lawsuit alleged tire came off wheel while ridding.

I have a few interviews setup with kaly customers who had nightmarish experiences.

we will get to the bottom of this

2 Likes

I’m sure that’s the best way to get an objective assessment of the situation.

8 Likes

Do you have interviews set up with people that had fantastic experiences with Kaly also?

1 Like

While ridding what? While ridding the house of bugs?

1 Like

Looking like settlement from a civil lawsuit ended the show. Again speculation based off court documents. But the court timeline of a settlement matches the inventory sell off around the holidays and the court records.

8 Likes

yes full investigation is ongoing

1 Like

That can happen if you keep riding a flat or get a flat at a high speed. I assume they’re pointing the finger at some kind of manufacturing flaw?

2 Likes

It’s the thread early a couple years ago about the qind fatties.

Edit: this one perhaps

5 Likes

Yep dates match.

1 Like

Is this John Michael Parkinson’s HellCat Wide wheel?

2 Likes

yes must have been rly scary

1 Like

I really wish there was some law in place to make settlements part of the public record too, because there have been way too many potential court cases that just get settled instead and then other affected people can’t even know the actual outcome :weary:

1 Like

I have requested all court records we’ll see what was evidenced and how it was defended

1 Like

Settlements are not a part of court records. At best you might have a record on how much the settlement was for but even that isn’t always included. Any discussion that occured before the settlement won’t be included and so the most crucial information won’t be there.

You’d have to contact the lawyers involved, Kaly, or the person bringing the case to court and hope they answer you if you want more information. Also I think some settlements can include a term where you legally can’t disclose that information even if you wanted to share it/ would otherwise be willing to share it

2 Likes

Watching too much Law and Order my dude. There isn’t going to be evidence. Judge requested medation and they settled in medation. Discovery and oral arguments never happened. Enjoy reading exactly what is public record lol.

6 Likes

settlement is just dollar amount.

who paid the settlement? why was kaly not properly insured? why is there not proper business licensing? why didn’t he get an attorney?

why was kaly not properly insured?
Money
why is there not proper business licensing?
Money
why didn’t he get an attorney?
Money

Hope that clears things up for you, everyone can go home now.

17 Likes

So what I don’t get is how Kaly is liable? The rider purchased a wheel, I’m assuming it’s a wide rim from Kaly, purchased a tire of his choice, (perhaps not suitable), placed tire on fat rim, (perhaps over inflated), then on his lacroix, a deck the rim was not designed for. Went 25-35mph on what is essentially a wooden plank. You must know the risks, (and we all do), when you make such decisions and be personally liable for them.

At what point can Kaly be held liable? Makes me, as a very small vendor extremely nervous.

13 Likes