Kaly Out of Buisness?

https://www.kaly.nyc/shop
PAGE NOT FOUND
We looked everywhere for this page.
Are you sure the website URL is correct?
Get in touch with the site owner.

3 Likes

prob just updating

4 Likes

There have been a handful of eyebrows raising occurrences with kaly in the past year. I wouldn’t read into this to much, but I wouldn’t discount it fully either…

5 Likes

Some of the stuff you hear happening with the XLRs out there sounds super sketchy…

I hope he is not going anywhere and manages to get good stuff out.

1 Like

sounds like i should start buying up kaly decks since i love them so much :rofl:

11 Likes

How many could one possibly need

*tries to not look at collection of 2x TB40 and 2x Hummieee

7 Likes

so SO, its odd that i ordered a bakers dozen Zmotes in trigger style? The black hole of depression i fell in to for the 2 days i thought i was stuck with a thumb remote is nor a place I care to revisit.

6 Likes

Seems so.

13 Likes

Scary as hell…

5 Likes

Hooooly…I’ve never seen an Ernesto battery in person, they seemed to be ok for the most part no? … guess not this guy

7 Likes

His batteries historically have been fine (minus the whole discharging through BMS aspect), but I will say in the last year he brought in some questionable people to help with board assembly.

One of them seems to have made quite an introduction here recently.

I really hope Ernesto can right the ship though. He has always been great to the crew in DC and for years has been one of the few American esk8 companies. He was also a pioneer for gear drives. I’m rooting for him.

8 Likes

what about Kevin?dj chickenstrips, im worried

7 Likes

kev, listen buddy we had our diffrences, but you can install a jbl speaker on to my hand truck if you need work and you are done with the tour

7 Likes

Truly scary! After learning about battery pack construction and possible points of failure/disaster, building these things is best left to the experts. I am not sure if bankruptcy is a way to dodge legal liability. I think have a business under a LLC can limit how much the owner of the company can lose.

4 Likes

swear i saw a clip of what looked like his daughter welding packs

6 Likes

I would lean towards no. Passable and generally functional would be my description.

If you’ve filed for bankruptcy as that small of company the bow is probably already below the waves.

LLC literally stands for limited liability company, so yes. That’s exactly what it does. If it’s setup properly, he cannot be personally sued for the company’s actions or wrongdoings, but any assets the company may have would/could be included in a lawsuit.

7 Likes

True. His kids, and volunteers make these packs. Sorta mixed bag.

3 Likes

high school drop out
dj chicken strips
high school students
his family
all people he has no obligation to compensate fairly.

7 Likes

Gotta be careful as an LLC owner to NEVER mix personal and business funds though. It is my understanding that if you do, the “limited liabilty” is out the door, and one could personally be sued.
If there are any lawyers here, chime in.

9 Likes

The word bankruptcy is being thrown around a lot, but that feels like hearsay right now.

Could be true, but only one person has said that allegedly Ernesto told them that.

Edit: Unless this is an elaborate rouse, it looks like it came straight from the horses mouth. This is related to the burned up XLR:

""Hello Salvador,
Now I see your message. I’m very sorry that this incident happened, but I’m glad that nobody was hurt.
Regarding the incident, I don’t know what to tell you because I don’t know in what condition the skateboard was, as it has been in your hands all this time.

As for being responsible for the damages, that won’t be possible because in the sales contract, the user is responsible for the maintenance, supervision, and safety of the battery. Additionally, I am currently in the process of bankruptcy for the past few months.

I’m very sorry that this happened, but there’s not much I can do.“”

2 Likes