Juma Type 200 Trucks

Actually I will say. I got to ride @poastoast’s 3Link only on the front street board and didn’t get the same sensation as I did here on the Jumas. It was more natural coming from RKPs, everything is how you’d expect it.

Which brings up the point that I could just try 3Links only on the front as well for a fair comparison. But after I move the Jumas to carvy mode and give that a test ride.

3 Likes

I’m going to try and make a 3d printed channel style rebound bushing either with tpu or an adapter for normal bushings. If i had that I don’t think I’d need steering tension plugs.

1 Like

What plug did you end up liking and why?

The red one a bit tighter than it came stock. I didn’t like the spring and have not tried the black one.

The spring give you a stronger center, so you might like it more.

1 Like

Haha I swapped that in right away based on your description. But I’m also heavy so idk that might affect what I’m experiencing.

1 Like

Juma is apparently going to send the rebound kit to existing customers later this spring.

And they are working on a harder steel cam(metal t plug), which should fix my issue.

He says to be careful of applying two much preload to the plug. Although I’m not clear how applicable that advice is given that when it failed I had only applied one or two turns. And when it first snagged it was stock out of the box, no additional preload.:thinking:

1 Like

Nice, thanks for the update definitely good to hear (about both), but yeah clearly it’s a known failure point if they’re already working on making a stronger one.

1 Like

We’d love to help you out. Please shoot me a message at support@jumaskate.com and we’ll see what we can do.

5 Likes

I haven’t run into the same issue as Avi, but maybe I’ll see about the rebound adapters.

2 Likes

I find these truck really fascinating. Looking forward to hear riding impressions with the additional parts.

3 Likes

Is there any news on this issue?
to be honest, that scares me big time.

This is the news: Juma Type 200 Trucks - #94 by Avi

They seem to have good customer service, and they were already working on a steel cam. So they will send me one when they’re in stock. Until then my type 300 is on the shelf.

1 Like

I wonder if thane builds are more prone to this due to the amount of vibration experienced vs penumies.

2 Likes

ok, i see.
hope that they get this completely sorted out :slight_smile:

personally I ride S10 trucks, because i like their looseness and missing rebound.
so this yumas are maybe something for me :thinking:

Seems likely, but I was on mad wheels, traditional thane might be even harder on the cam.

1 Like

Juma’s customer support is top notch.
I just got the package they sent me, steel cam and prototype rebound adapters!

2 Likes

So, like @Avi i got the prototype rebound adapters as well. Took them out for a 18 mile ride and it felt much better relative to your traditional trucks. I generally ride Krank riptide bushings so am used to high rebound, and this was closer to that feeling. Only one duro right now as these are prototypes.

Downside of my ride today is that I thought maybe by moving the arms in I’d put them into “carvy” mode. But seems they were already in that mode, because my feet are sore from trying to turn. The ride was stable af at speed though.

I need to move the arm thingies back, and print the recommended +10-15 degree riser to try and get more turn out of these. I think it’s the no rebound aspect of the trucks which make them feel loose and initiate turns easily, but in terms of actual turning angle not much right now.

Here’s in stable mode, and I’m 200lbs:

2 Likes

The lack of turning with rebound adapter is because the bushing gets caught and can’t compress any more. Juma is looking into alternative designs for the bushings to address the issue.

3 Likes

@zero_ads From my conversation with Juma.

Regarding caster, dropping the angle will give you more steering per degree of lean, but there’s a tradeoff with high-speed stability.

1 Like

I haven’t gotten to ride them much this week due to the new puppy, but right after I put them on I did a night ride where my average speed was 9kph faster usual. Lots of fun.

2 Likes