Juma Type 200 Trucks

Video review by Kami:

Thoughts?

11 Likes

The things that intrigue me (besides a truck that allows you to make sharp turns!) is:

• Does the truck geometry actually put more pressure than usual on the outside wheels during turns? Kami mentioned increased traction
  • How does the truck want to return to center more at high speeds than at low speeds? How does the truck know? Is this snake-oil, or actual speed dampening? :smiley:
6 Likes

Looks very interesting. But why is the board in the video so damn squeaky?

4 Likes

I think this is a pretty neat idea, since all the parts are solid it should tune really well, the fact that the wheels rotate about a point closer to the wheels means less bite as well and less leverage against you when you hit something

Only thing that confused me is why they introduce camber to the wheels when turning, I suppose it would make it harder to tip as the board turns but you’d be fighting it to them and you’d have spherical wear patterns. It might help keep it centered though

2 Likes

All I know is I personally do not like trucks that return me to center.
If I lean, Im leaning and prefer that it does not force my foot center when Im trying to turn.
then Im fighting the return and most likely end up speed wobbling from trying to control what the truck is designed to do.

Just always rode coned bushings super loose, learning how to use Channel Trucks was already hard for me. If it works, props. I still think my preferences would disagree with this kind of setup.

2 Likes

I feel like this could work against wheel bite a bit… I wish they were a bit wider. I dont understand the claim that you can tune the trucks for better braking… and id be far more interested if and when there is a way to mount motors on them. But they are very interesting. That claim that they reduce bump steering is probably true.

2 Likes

I love the idea of trucks with adjustable geometries. I bet you could have a lot of fun with these.

I can’t figure out how that bushing works. It can’t just be the hangar squishing it across it’s width because 1. That would be crap, and 2. that spring acts across the long axis.

2 Likes

Hell to the no

2 Likes

Yeah at that price id rather just get some 3 links and be done with it.

3 Likes

I mean the Curfboard Truck Set SE is 169,00 €

Price is right for the market with nothing else like it available yet.

$190 a set for Major arcs.

oh the after sale price is way too high yeah. more than $250 per truck is wild for a non mtb. For downhill yeah that is a lot but you are mostly intended to buy a single for upgrading a board.

3 Likes

Anyone interested in how it might carve with ackermann truck in the front and back?

2 Likes

I am, but i imagine it would be bad for high speed. Also i wonder how adjustable they really are. And yeah, 279 for one truck? At that point i can get 3 links or airs, which i can actually mount motors on.

2 Likes

they seem to be intended to be only a front truck.

1 Like

Pretty neat concept, I expect the high price is in part due to low production volume

1 Like

Fairly sure there is something like a cam on the hanger, so the spring is pushed in and out from steering.

https://www.instagram.com/jumaskate/

huh

Yeah i also cant imagine an easy solution to mount motors on them. Could be cool for a carvey hub board, but with this style of steering, at least in the particular form, it wouldnt really work for any other kibd of motors.

1 Like

I have the loaded unlimited hubs so I could get a set to test.

parts will come I guess

2 Likes

Id think if it worked, with these in the front AND back, maybe 4wd hubs, it would make for quite the surfskate… if it doesnt just flip right over, that is.

1 Like

Carvy board, but not a surf skate. I mean surfy yes sure. 4wd hub sounds cool but would be $800 in loaded motors plus $340 in trucks. That is the price if a MTB dt.

2 Likes

And another 3-5 on the trucks. Not a cheap experiment, thats for sure.

1 Like