Janux-esk8 Aluminum Hubs to fit Direct Drive

Lol oh shit :rofl: janux style

3 Likes

What an :eyes::eye:

3 Likes

Yup that was the day I was suppose to just mock it up, but i ended up test riding it. I have buttoned everything up now nicely. But good look on that.
The 107’s have a immediate acceleration that i had to get use to. But your right the 145 have a higher top speed. But the bigger wheels make that speed so much more manageable. Less vibrations, less twichy, way more comfortable.
I ultimately don’t think i need to faster than 20-25mph so I want comfortable ride, good grip, and decent range. All of which these wheels and drive do well.
Still i wonder about a 4wd board. Think its overkill. But i still wonder

4 Likes

Sooo you are saying that 41ish mph is less manageable then the estimated 58mph with 150mm’s? Something isn’t adding up…

2 Likes

I can kindaaa see it from his angle.
acceleration will be alot “softer”, therefore less twitchy. and he probably never maxes out the speed?
And more comfy tires

Thats it exactly.

Can this hub fit the level core of boosted board

Not sure, but if its a ABEC cut tben I dont see why not. You could try mine on your board , where you at?

Taiwan haha thanks bro

Have you checked out Haggyboard gear in Taiwan, brother?

2 Likes

I have haggyboard hub and boosted mini.
I try to find some hub with kegel core that can fit boosted mini

2 Likes

just 3d print an adapter

1 Like

Hey @Janux-esk8
Is this product still orderable?

He has fast turnaround times for regular parts listed on his site. I got away with a 48 hr request to part in person, but I’m a local kid.

7 Likes

Yes, available in “Fiery Red” and “Picatinny Black”, ship within 2 days.

6 Likes

Fyi, the TB DD hubs fit the new/current style Elofty adapter

4 Likes

Why would you want to put the elofty adapter on the TB DD? Probably I missed something, I don’t get it …

1 Like

I meant the TB DD version of the Janux hubs of course :wink:
Those also fit the new style eLoftys with Kegel adapter. As you might notice, Janux sells TB, eLofty and Carvon versions.

3 Likes

Got you, I think: the Janux hubs for TB DD also fit the elofty DD, correct?

On a side note, I actually had to find out recently that out of the box only the Janux Quattro (https://www.janux-esk8.com/product-page/janux-quattro-torqueboard-direct-drive-hubs) but not the Janux Quattro 4.25’’ (see https://www.janux-esk8.com/product-page/janux-quattro-4-25-hubs-for-tbdd-or-elofty) fitted my TB DD adapter.

Using a 5.8 mm drill bit I should be able to fix that, however, I haven’t tried yet. Any body else had similar experiences?

1 Like