Janux-esk8 Aluminum Hubs to fit Direct Drive

So i know you have a lot of experience with the Carvon xl, but what are they closer to? 75 or 90kv?

Wondering if the 58KV Elofty’s will be ok with bergs than or if I should just scoop up some 110’s and call it a day.

1 Like

i’m riding mine on 120mm cloud wheels. I’ll make a thread when I test it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I feel like they were lower than that, but its been a long minute so i can’t be sure.

I looked into those but I dont really like the contact patch . I really wish I could get a set of stooge race wheels 120mm but not thane.

1 Like

at 58KV they will probably be fine. This is why i suspect the Carvons were lower than 75.

1 Like

Sweet, that gives me a little hope that I can get these drives to 30+mph @12S

Wil there be an black friday deal on janux ?? :stuck_out_tongue:
I wil order the hubs than and test them with my 4wd 58kv lofty esk8

5 Likes

@Janux-esk8, so will the new 58K elofty drives fit your hubs?

1 Like

I would not be able to confirm the fit. Send me your adapter if you don’t mind.

2 Likes

@Janux-esk8 aub black friday deals in your site ?

So the Quattro wheels on a vanguard flex 2, Carvon XL, 12s5p. Rides well. Really well.
Wheel height is perfect for riding Northern Ca streets and around campus.
I am stil a Noob and i first had the ABEC 107’s and I felt they were great. These Quattro wheels are exactly what I wanted my board to feel like. When I saw all the great builds on this forum and tried to model my build after them, this is better than I could have imagined. I am amazed that I built a board that is this fun to ride. Having the ability to go from 107’s to the big pneumatics at 65psi is the best if both worlds.

5 Likes

So now that i am riding these on the Vanguard deck I wonder what the Carvon Kv are ? And how a lower Kv dd system would fare. I am in NCal, Davis. So its mostly flat campus riding. When I hit small hills I feel the board slowing significantly.
This is a little off topic because the wheels thenselves are amazing. I am sneeking out to ride my board any time i can. Great grip, rolls over anything, super carvy its like a snowboard on the street.
So is the low torque a function of the programming of the unity, the Kw of the motors? Or a more complicated idea of the increased weight of these wheels over the 110’S ?
A mix of both?

Low torque is from high kv, large wheels

High kv: Low torque, high maximum speed
Low kv: High torque, low maximum speed

If my memory is correct, I think Carvon Speed ​​Drive XL is high KV(90 - 110kv?). Low torque and not suitable for AT build.

1 Like

KV doesn’t necessarily impact torque…
Low KV motors can still have low torque and high KV motors can still have high torque - it really depends on the motor.

3 Likes

Big motor/ diameter has a lot to do with torque from what I’m reading.

Yes, the Carvon xl are 85kv. The problem I am feeling is that with the ABEC 107’s it pulls me to no end, Its fast, it moves too fast for me. Then I put on these 145mm wheels and take off is slow, but top end is fast. Top end is manageable fast and the comfort of these Quattro wheels is great.
But what I am realizing is that the Carvons are not the right platform. For these wheels or bigger. I am going to need to get a different drive (Elofty or new TB dd) or go 4wd with the carvons.

1 Like

You say 107 is “too fast for you”
But you say 145’s top speed is more manageable?

145’s should be faster than 107’s

2 Likes

dude your bolts are backing out in the pix.

5 Likes