Introducing the BKB Xenith

Yes this…is there anything like this on 23.46? That i should be aware of? I took my first ride ever on a unity today lol…after my ride I noticed duty cycle current limit start was set to 100% and I flipped

3 Likes

It’s not “Duty Cycle” or “Maximum Duty Cycle”, it’s “Duty Cycle Current Limit Start”. I hate to be pedantic, but these are totally different things.

9 Likes

Haha all good i look at it as the same thing whenever i say duty cycle im talking about the limit myself but of course that really doesn’t come across well when u dont say it properly

2 Likes

This how we learn :blush: thank you B264 for being you :pray:

I’m always learning :nerd_face:

4 Likes

we don’t need that if we r only riding hobbywing / god tier lingyi prebuilt, but in the vesc tool world, all the details matters, one word missing can mean changing wrong setting and kissing the street while going who-knows-what kmph

8 Likes

it’s a unity+

I’m having the same issue on other vescs.
Here is what i found:

3 Likes

giphy (24)

18 Likes

@Skyart going to reiterate this as well.

I held out for a long time jumping to 5.1 on my unities and noticed a lot of weirdness right around when the duty cycle current limit start issue started popping up.

Reverting to 23.46 fixed EVERY issue I had with full throttle wonkiness, particularly the weird motor oscillations at 95% duty cycle. I still haven’t updated my 2 other unities to 5.1+ FW because I don’t like the duty cycle “fix” of lowering the limit start. It made my board feel too sluggish in the top end accel range. 23.46 just worked. No speed profiles though which was a nice feature. Though I’ve admittedly never used it…

Then a unity blew (on the bench after acting oddly) and I had a 60d waiting to pop in and here we are.

6 Likes

Guess I’m going back to 23.46 as well

and I’m downgrading my mtb to below fw 5.

3 Likes

Keep in mind that was specifically with a unity and as a result of full throttle weirdness, no other reasons.

2 Likes

Yup, same for me.

Downgrading my MTB is also due to the duty bugging I’m having on regular vescs, non unity.

2 Likes

Ironic!!

5 Likes

Me casually awaiting the restock of Xeniths…

So if I end up with a Xenith in my next build, should I just start straight up with 23.46 and not bother with FW5.2?

1 Like

me personally i use fw 5.2 idk if unity firmware works or not ud have to check with @BuildKitBoards and maybe @frame

The unity 23.46 works fine as it is, unless u need smart reverse or HFI

2 Likes

:grin: :relaxed:

1 Like

I am on 5.2 works good.

1 Like

There’s going to be a pretty significant announcement this week. Sneak peek on IG for anyone who wants to put the detective suit on.

The wait will 100% be worth it.

6 Likes

Mr60s? :eyes::eyes:

1 Like