esk8.news esk8 calc donate now

Introduce Yourself and Share Your Plans (SERIOUS)

ive been eyeing up that deck for years

2 Likes

It’s a gorgeous little plank for sure. It was on sale when I grabbed it so a steal at $100.

2 Likes

They have this deck for 100CAD right now

Looks real nice… Good commuter

1 Like

It’s here :smile:

2 Likes

Hi Everyone.
I am Yuggi, interested in potentially building my own Electric mountain board or something like the Lacroix or Kaly boards, roughly Checkout some resources but prefer to Shadow someone and watch a build, based on the Gold Coast, Australia

5 Likes

Welcome! Here’s a thread that seems right up your alley:

Also check out Lovechild before the builder comes in here and pastes 87 pictures of it:

9 Likes

Un vrai speed demon !

1 Like

Oui Monsieur

2 Likes

Hey Team, I’m Adrien life long tinkerer, living in Jersey City and pay the bills running innovation for a consulting shop. Been lurking here for about 2 month. Got into esk8 for commuting reasons, now just go out for fun.

For my first actual build - I want to build a shorter board, with a kick tail (to hop small side walks) for commuting. I plan to ride this thing in sunshine, rain and snow.

4 Likes

mes parent sont francais. mon pere d’Orleans et ma mere est Parisienne.

1 Like

Check out all of @b264’s build threads. All weather proofed short boards with a kick tail. He’s a bit anal but he gets the job done.

Take that as you will :wink:

3 Likes

That’s exactly the amount of French I am still able to understand 6 years after finishing high school :joy:

2 Likes

Oi bois. I’m rob. 15. I built my board about 8 months ago, and am looking to build it up during this holiday season to rip around in spring, I need ‘veterans’ opinions considering trucks, voltage, deck size and material, and wheel size in my effort to renovate and upgrade my build, all while on a budget. I just need to learn to open a thread real quick, but idk how to cause I just made an account and I’m on my phone.

3 Likes

Hey Rob-

I bumped you up a level so you can post now. You’ll get the most help by posting your questions in the noob thread, however.

Happy holidays and welcome!

1 Like

Right in my tender heart.

3 Likes

Hello. My name is Robbie. I am a machinist by trade, tinkerer by hobby, amateur engineer and in my opinion a professional solderer. You know what they say about opinions though! Lol. I 3d print as well, I water cooled my printer to enable high temp printing (Ultem 1000, and PC). I also have an adrenaline addiction and a love of all board sports, so with that I built a E-mountainboard that could get thrashed on. Everything on my board is meant to be easily replaced and quickly in the event of failure, from esc’s to mechanical parts its about a 5 minute fix for everything that can fail, if I have that part on hand. I made my motor mounts and designed everything on my board so far. I have built two boards so far, as well as helped my brother make an electric longboard that rips. My brother and I grew up skateboarding so we are a bit rough on boards, in fact that is why I made my own motor mounts. I bend any aluminium mount plate that I have tried, so I switched over to a 17-4 S.S. plate and truck clamp. Its a bit heavy, but hefty, and oh so rigid like a proper motor mount should be. I have jumped my board off an about chest high drop on cement, and gotten about 10ft high jumps on a grass field with no issues so far. I have not seen anyone get too rowdy as far as jumps go, so I have been compiling video to show people what they can really do with a rigid motor setup. Footy will be coming soon! I’m looking forward to learning with you guys, as well as contribute where I can, though I’m not too into posting on social media.

Edited For the peeps who get their ego involved. Lol. looking forward to meeting some of ya in person.

9 Likes

37 posts were merged into an existing topic: Welcome to Derail Jail

8 posts were split to a new topic: RobbieP and his new friends

Hey guys! I just found this forum after following a bunch of Facebook groups. I’m excited to put together my first DIY board after owning a boosted v2. Awesome community. You guys can really build!!!

9 Likes