Infinity Logger (iLogger) - Micro SD, GPS, WIFI, CAN, UART, Tool App

What connectors are the CAN passthroughs and the GPS port? Is there a chance you could include 2 can passthrough cables that are this connector on one end and JST PH on the other, so that the end user doesnt have to source this connector?

1 Like

Here is the pinout:

I’m currently looking for suppliers to make those cables for me. A UART cable will be included for sure, 2x CAN cables very likely.

4 Likes

I’d buy. But your shipping is $ 12

Count me out

I’m bipolar.

5 Likes

Lol ok, but thanks for your order :laughing:

4 Likes

Hey! I am working on a similar device.
The “lite” version of yours if you will.

5 Likes

Pretty awesome man, let me know if you need help with anything, I would be happy to contribute. :+1:

5 Likes

This gps should be fine yeah? I found a few with different pin outs and this one matches at 4 pins on the iLogger. Obviously I will have to change the order but it seems like it’ll be okay.

OMG I’d been killing myself trying to figure out the checksum math. Thank you!

This project is awesome. I’m kind of dumb, but older vescs blow up the can chip if they’re not simultaneously powered on/off. Is you can chip the more robust one?

Do you think it’s too much to add a connector for a LED/buzzer/haptic to indicate basic events? Like buzz buzz for power up, another buzz buzz for gps lock, and buzz buzz buzz for fault code, etc?

I have 2, they are awesome!

3 Likes

I know, but I’m a cheapskate :stuck_out_tongue: 1 less device to worry about :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Yes, basically any of the widely available GPS modules should work fine, like the NEO-6M or the one you linked. The library I’m using supports most NMEA and uBlox protocols like GPGGA, GPGLL, GPGSA, and many GPS sources like GLONASS, BeiDou and Galileo.

Most GPS modules have 5 pins, but only 4 (5/3.3v, Tx, Rx, GND) are used. The 5th pin is PPS (Pulse per second), often used when you need to accurately synchronize several devices in time, or to prevent time drift in very time sensitive applications, it originates from the atomic clock of the satellite. There is no need for it in our application.

That sounds awful, perhaps it was because 5v and gnd were also connected?

iLogger has a second digital channel for things like that, but I don’t expect it to be fully functional during Beta testing period.

4 Likes

Austin, Texas rider here who recently built a board! This sounds really cool! You should start a meetup!

2 Likes

Really? That would be awesome! I actually have a question regarding CAN forwarding the UART communication to slave VESCs.
If you PM me your discord, we could talk there!

Integrated GPS would be lit! I have now a gps tracker laying around that I was going to use.

But everything together would be better. Just be aware when you use a gps tracker you need to power the pcb always on or you have no tracking details when you have the board off. Or a small Lipo backup battery can do the job.

6 Likes

Hey guys,

While the modules are in production, I’m taking the time to work on improving the app and the online platform.

• I made several UI improvements (better tabs icons, colors adjustments and re-organized things around).

• Improved SD card browser tab, now showing SD card size information, and listing directories/files.

• Improved ride log data streaming over BLE and adjusted chart viewer.

• Improved the instant sharing function, now returns a smaller and better sharable URL ( I will post a demo of it later on, currently testing oEmbed support ).

Here is a small video capture of the app running on my iPhone X, it should run on Android devices as well. I hope video upload works.

12 Likes

Definitely gonna pick up one of these after people test this batch. So cool!

1 Like

I have a UI request for viewing the log data. The graph that appears at the end of the video looks good. Looks similar to Metr, which is fine.

On the current Metr UI, the scrolling behavior is very weird when looking through the log. You can both tap and drag to slide the graph, and tap and drag to move the cursor line. This causes it to be very difficult to target a specific data point, specifically at the beginning and end of the graph.

To me, it would make much more sense if the cursor line stayed stationary, and you just drag the graph. Is this possible?

Here is a better explanation of what I am talking about from the Metr thread:

3 Likes

I’m so happy that you’ve spent some time designing a nice layout. esk8 has apparently never heard of UX before, one of the things to improve upon

8 Likes