Ideas for BOTY 2021 thread

Yep, done

1 Like

Lol just casted my vote for the third time :rofl:

If ya’ll have changed your mind, please change your vote!

2 Likes

Sounds good, ive changed my vote

4 Likes

If it was ranked voting, sure, let everyone compete for BOTY! But since it isn’t, we don’t want the votes to spread too thin. Hence only category winners.

Besides, the only way a non-category-winner build could win BOTY would be if the build didn’t really fit its category in the first place / was a hybrid of multiple categories. If the categories are chosen right, that shouldn’t happen :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Worst case scenario if whatever we land on doesn’t work so well this year, we’ve learned for next year.

2 Likes

Here’s some of my nominations I have a couple more in mind to nominate just trying to find them

4 Likes

But… nominations aren’t open yet Jimmy…

3 Likes

haha yeah, but I am still honored to be nominated alongside @Yeahthatperson ! Met him at Carve PDX, what a great rider, also got to see his nominated build, incredible.

2 Likes

Yeah, you saw it when it was still in concept form, with lipos strapped on top :rofl::rofl:

this video is unlisted:

@jack.luis it was an amazing time, and great to meet you! It’s an honor to be pre-nominated with a great rider and your build is fucking epic!

4 Likes

When are they going to open :sunglasses:

1 Like

WHENEVER I FUCKING SAY THEY DO. I’M THE DUCKTATOR, BITCH.

JK, there’s a poll buried somewhere in this massive thread where folks showed a clear preference for opening nominations on the first of the new year. So that’s what I’m aiming for :slight_smile:

16 Likes

:rofl: This thread wouldn’t even exist if it weren’t for @nowind

3 Likes

2021 is officially over! If @BenjaminF doesn’t start laying down the event rules imma start nominating e-foils out of rebellion #DownWithDucktatorship

Till then my nomination is @jack.luis with the Cyboard

6 Likes

I’m writing up the nomination thread just as soon as I get a handle on this hangover :metal:

19 Likes

Just rest man, there’s always tomorrow

1 Like

tomorrow is in 1 hour and 25 minutes. He better hurry up.

2 Likes

2 Likes

I’ll sleep when I’m dead.

Write up of the nomination thread is done, and under review currently. It will be published… sometime. Soon, probably.

8 Likes

thump thump goes the duck head

1 Like

I like your style.

1 Like