Ideas for BOTY 2021 thread

In contrast to the ridiculously late start we got on Build of the Year 2020, let’s have an equally ridiculous early start in creating an even better Build of the Year in 2021.

Please share your ideas and thoughts on how we can make this esk8 tradition better every single year.

Thanks, you wonderful bunch of stale saltines!

14 Likes

Why have urethane and pneumatic seperate when often boards can do both anyway. How about:
-Street builds
-Off road builds
-Most creative/DIY builds

I’d even like to see an award for the best write up or article if possible.

Just my 2 cents. Cheers

12 Likes

Stealth category

21 Likes

Definitely biased here but “Most Technically Innovative”?

Something to inspire stretching the state-of-the-art, something to help someone in the community to decide to do something new we can all use or at least appreciate.

We spend loads of time on the deck, overall appearance, etc…which I love appreciating too!..but what’s under the enclosure is crazy important and worth recognizing IMHO.

19 Likes

so whoever is running beta @DRI hardware at the time I see :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

jk I agree, I would like to see what the community thinks is the most advanced tech build.

6 Likes

Smooches, lover.

2 Likes

I originally thought this is a great idea then I realized it could end up quite boring. I mean the idea of stealth is to look like a regular board yeah (not noticing it’s electric)? So essentially it’ll be a bunch of hub motor boards that look rather plain :man_shrugging:. Maybe some good creativity may come out of it but then it’d be a good candidate for most creative/DIY or similar (if something to that effect becomes a category).

Thoughts?

6 Likes

This may be perfect though.
In a category that seems like everything might be plain, to win you would need to do something not plain but yet still stealth.

It could actually inspire more creative ideas?

8 Likes

Yup, I see that. But having witnessed the @Linny stealth board Big Chonkas through the building and execution (local buddy), it’s quite an undertaking to pull off successfully.

6 Likes

a category for the most overengineered completely overpowered yet impractical build

@Arzamenable 8 motor build

6 Likes

Not cool, Shua. Please show Mike more respect.

5 Likes

believe me im in awe of that build its absoloutely insane
just i believe not very practical
probably looking at 100wh/mi

Suggest you rephrase then.

3 Likes

I’d personally like to see a category for the most engineered DIY board. Stuff that’s pushing the boundaries of what people can do at home - After seeing how little love Mud Monster got I was a little disappointed.

13 Likes

or a catgory for most diyed board

the board that uses the least bought pieces and builds the most parts himself

5 Likes

Agreed but the below surely would have had to win :face_with_hand_over_mouth: its amazing in every dimension of DIY.

Kinda sad it didnt win anything :cry:

@RomainOnWheels your board is next level.

10 Likes

Yes, we’re leaving great builds on the table with current format.

1 Like

That’s an excellent example.

2 Likes

Oh wow yeah I forgot about that!

Another example of innovative DIY that would never win anything with the current format.

6 Likes

I don’t understand how it didnt get more votes… On a DIY forum. Made me cry a little. :eyes:

Absolutely needs to be a ‘100% DIY BOTY’ category for people that have got the brains, skills and time to do the aforementioned!

(This is not to take anything away from the spectacular boards that won this year!)

8 Likes