Ideas for BOTY 2021 thread

Strong point there.

3 Likes

Most important of all, we must find a way to change its name to “the BOOTY”, we are way too close to a perfect acronym to leave it as is.

12 Likes

Build Off, Of The Year!

10 Likes

Adding your name to “the list” just like Santa. You’re on “the list” now, bub.

5 Likes

I strongly back the stealth category, with a few countries having
laws against PEVs (uh cringe), it would be really good for future DIY-ers to have a few build threads to get inspiration from. For me, i will probably be building one or two stealth boards this year.

10 Likes

Maybe three?

3 Likes

Hummie hubs will come into play, maybe an attempt to do DIY hubs? All these ideas!

5 Likes

Another idea: helping a fat and sloppy friend make one.

5 Likes

This is a huge reason I suggest it.

Another reason is because it’s really difficult to do really well. I realize the risk of seeing five “meh” hub motor boards but I don’t think that risk will materialize in this crowd. Yet another reason is because a lot of folks can only use those kinds of boards (for legal reasons) and 99% of what they see here is out of reach because it’s the opposite of stealth.

And again, it’s really difficult to do real well and the better you want it, the more exponentially difficult it becomes.

And for what it’s worth, I have no horse in this race because esk8 is legal here and I build anti-stealth.

4 Likes

Ahem… in with the first hub build of 2021.

The challenges involved with a stealth build seem pretty difficult. Hanging to see what comes out of @Linny’s weed lab this year :ok_hand:

11 Likes

+1 for a stealth category, it’s a fun creative challenge! And let’s be honest, there’s probably no other way for people with hub-motor builds to even have a chance at winning BOTY otherwise :stuck_out_tongue: although that board above my post do be looking kinda sexy ngl

I wasn’t planning for it, but if it became a category, I would make an attempt at it myself!

Also, I know people might hate this, but best Ultraboard could be a category… :eyes:

7 Likes

I’ll hold you to it! This board has been on my mind for the past few days after you posted it.

3 Likes

Hubs are underrated. I fucking love hubs.

2021, year of the hub.

7 Likes

are your from hummies kickstarter batch?

wanna get a set to try them

Yeah that reminds me… maybe a rule of each person may only win once, for hitting first in two categories, only the one with the most votes shall stand, or the first one alphabetically in the event of vote tie.

That’s my suggestion anyway.

Not that it’s happened but we don’t want anyone scooping multiple categories LOL

5 Likes

and the winners are…
category 1 = @linny
category 2 = @linny
category 3 = @linny
category 4 = @linny
category 5 = @linny

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl: fuck that. I agree tho, we can’t let Linny take all the goods

4 Likes

That would need STRICT technical constraints LoL

I feel like a lot of boards that would place highly here would already place highly in the street pnuemmie category already though. :confused:

5 Likes

video of it driving both way round over a road surface for at least 100 meters

I am strongly in favour of these suggestions. Keeps it simple and inclusive

4 Likes