IDEA for Custom Trampa Build

Hi guys, i always currious about how trampa carver deck ride feeling. But i think i’m too light for using their spring trucks.

So for my next build i’m planning to combine trampa carver deck with street trucks.

I made this topic to help me get the idea or maybe reference if anyone have tried similar build or ever ride them with street trucks setup.

My thought is i can use adjustable angle, but not sure about the clearance.

Plan to use surfrodz tkp for carvy ride, some at wheels.

Any thoughts and idea welcome :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I tried it for fun RKP only on the front as I had similar issue with the turning and it was super weird for me and also over twitchy I’m guessing the flex messes with angle of the truck, ended up going back to the trampa trucks and using the urethane barrels instead of springs and added a modified angled riser :woman_shrugging:

A Haggyboard setup is also an option, with kahua trucks and bergmeister wheels. And if you want to step up the drive game you can even look into an avio geardrive set for them. @avX also sells a whole drive kit with trucks and wheels. And you can use this kind of adjustable baseplate with them too.

1 Like

I believe @mmaner did something of sorts with a prototipo deck, adjustable baseplates or the angled riser, and TKPs. I can’t find it so maybe he can pop in a pic

2 Likes

So you’ve tried using spring trucks on rear and rkp front, hmm must be weird feeling. Have you ever tried using rkp ok both?

1 Like

Thanks for that reference. But i’m more currious about the ride feeling when using trampa deck with street trucks. I can used angle baseplate for any trucks, but i guess the ride feeling must be different. Since deck has curve and flex.

2 Likes

Yes i’ve search similar build but i can not find.

Lets wait for Mike to wake up, anytime now…

1 Like

This is a build by @DerelictRobot. I rode it once. It was pretty carvey, maybe he can chime in on the exact setup and pros/cons

7 Likes

Very awesome build @DerelictRobot, mind to share some pro/cons with this style of build? What deck is that lacroix?

1 Like

It‘s a kaly deck, but I think the direction you want to go.

4 Likes

Yep, its all right here.

5 Likes

Yes this is it, very cool looking build. Something like this what i have in mind so far but i want to try with tkp. Thanks for the share.

2 Likes

I would definitely use adjustable base plates in the future, here I used what I had. The major downside was height from the road, adjustable base plates mitigate some of that.

4 Likes

I’ll check out your thread first.

1 Like

You swap the tkp to trampa trucks? I saw that you used tkp on most of your build. Mind to share the ride feeling of tkp on mtb deck compare to longboard deck? I know the answer must be you need to ride to know it :laughing:.

1 Like

Saw that kaly deck and was wondering did he sell the deck only haha

1 Like

I prefer TKP’s, it take a little longer to dial in the bushing setup but the ride is carvy and very stable at high speeds.

I swapped the Trampa trucks in after I lathed the axles to 8mm. I wanted to try some different wheels on spring trucks to see how they performed and what the ride quality was like. I will probably go back to TKP’s when I build a new battery for it.

Spring trucks are fun but it takes a lot more lean to achieve the same turn radius as TKP’s. That’s fine on numies, but not so great on thane. The other issue with spring trucks is they get wobbles at speed. Im currently using dampas, which mitigate some of the wobble. I have some bushings (spring replacements) I am going to try too.

I don’t imagine it will make so much of a difference that I will choose channel or TKP trucks though.

1 Like

Thanks mike you are always very helpful, you just made my mind, i’ll try to start this build with buying some tkp 1st :laughing: and think about what mtb deck i’ll use, maybe trampa but kaly also :heart_eyes:. Prefer short wheel base. So Excited to start another build :grin:.

4 Likes

Talk to @akhlut and see if you can get some of his extended axles, assuming you are using Surf Rodz TKP’s. These axles make SR TKP’s a whole new thing. You can fit longer motors and there’s no way to get the motor alignment wrong.

Also, @rey8801’s Hammock SR TKP base plates are incredibly well built and easy to install.

If you need some help just yell, happy to help.

3 Likes