Hummie hubs Kickstarter

If you are looking for a set of Hummie hubs, DM me, I have a set I likely won’t be using

2 Likes

@skyart delivering your daily dose of FOMO

1 Like

An alternative method for if your orbital sander is too big, you don’t have one, or the part you need to sand won’t work well with one:

Get a dremel and plenty of tiny sanding belts starting with new rough belts and then go through some older used belts that are no longer as abrasive up until their finer options they have (don’t know the grit and they don’t label each piece). You can then achieve a nice brushed aluminum finish using the steel wool buffing brushes.

DO NOT use the steel wool without sanding it with several different grits/ worn out bands first or else you will destroy the buffing bits very quickly. Also use very little pressure when using the finer buffing brush as those ones are easier to destroy.

To clarify I mean these things:

@hummieee hey Hummie happy new year! Any update for europeans kickstarters? cheers

3 Likes

Been avoiding it and finishing electric bikes been making. As soon as done these two (selling one) I’m back on it and a lot are already done. They were all done and then the fuckups started happening, mostly being rotors somehow rubbing

I know it’s been ages. I’m sick of doing it and a lot of work. But I sold my other electric bikes figured I’d be done these and kinda need them to get to work unless I want to pedal all the time n kinda far. Should be done by Monday.

Once they’re done it’s back to making skate motors non-stop till the rest of eu are out.

7 Likes

Has anyone else already gone through the setup of the hubs? Did anyone find a better way of getting smoother start from a standstill or is VSS/HFI as good as its gonna get without adding sensors?

1 Like

Should be smooth from like 1-2mph without HFI

1 Like

Hi John, any new about the hubs? Do magnets avoid rubbing now? :grin:

1 Like

Almost done my doings here (getting this bike going) then be back on it. Should be back building and shipping this weekend

2 Likes

Ok :partying_face: you mean before the end of this week you ship the whole package to me!? :heart_eyes:

Is it still possible to buy from you the whole bolt kit to attach the battery box to the deck?

There must be some hubs out in the wild now? I havn’t heard anyone say anything yet…
Still waiting on my pair.

Can anyone who recieved thiers give a brief review :eyes:

1 Like

I think @Linny did a build with the hummie hubs.

1 Like

Yup, I rode it. Pretty impressed with the power and the corner feel.

3 Likes

@hummie

Are there people still waiting for their hubs?

1 Like

I’ve temporarily set it up with a 10s2p Sanyo 20700 and a Xenith. Even on 80A motor max and motor brake, this is STRONG.

6 Likes

I’ve gotten the large majority out. Still some in Europe I need to finish n get out

I’m surprised I never see or hear anything about what I sent

3 Likes

Yeah, I would have thought there would be more reports as well. Sorry to say this, but given how long it’s taken, you really should get them all finished and sent out.

4 Likes

Yea I know it’s been ages. It ended up being a big money/time hole with so many unforeseen problems.

3 Likes

I got sent a phot of a set that a lucky UK resident has received. He has the last gen also to compare them to.

2 Likes

Amazing job @hummieee!

I didn’t realize the hubs were huge!

I wanted 4WD but as John advised me I’ll stick to 2WD. :wink:

11 Likes