Clandestine, a sTEaLtH b0ArD?? | Hummie Hubs V5 | Kush Omen | OSRR | Xenith | 10s P42A

Greetings skaters, Lin here. Yes esk8 is still illegal here, everything is.

SO HERE’S A NORMAL MANUAL LONGBOARD, NO SUS HERE.

What the, HOW DID YOU DO THAT LINNY?

Okay maybe i clickbaited you a bit, here’s my plan for a stealth board.

You guys remember the other one i did two years ago yea?

Kushboard Chonkas was an integrated deck that had electronics and everything hidden in the deck, but it made the deck look fairly pregnant and it was heavy, like 8kg or so.

So the plan for this, is to have my electronics in a sling bag this time, and have the phase wires come out of the bag, and plug into the board, I’m thinking of MR60s placed flush on the deck, nearer to the rear baseplate.

Wow check out this perfect illustration i found somewhere on the interwebs.
4ff2983cc022b6db5afdb4fcffdfb3fb37f8d6b7

So my parts list is as follows,
Deck, Kush Omen 36"
Drivetrain, Hummie Hubs V5, BN 184 front hangar
Battery, 10s1p or 10s2p P42A, bypass discharge
ESC, BKB Xenith with FreeSk8 Xenigotchi

First up i had to strip, sand and repaint the deck as it was previously owned and given to me by goodwill.

The Hummies were backed way back in late 2019! And it finally came after 3 years.
However the surface leaves much to be desired due to the casting seams

So i busted out the orbital sander and did my thing. Afterwards i painted the hangar with high temp matte black

So yea thats where I’m at with the build now.

Now I’m thinking of a way to make the phase wires suck back into my bag like a measuring tape would. The plan for this board is if i were to see authorities around, i would turn the board off with the power button placed on the exterior of my bag, then pull out the phase wires, let it slip into the bag like a lizards tongue, remote in pocket and then kick push.

What do you guys think of it? Am i crazy? Perhaps i am, but so are you.

39 Likes

Retracting/retractable cord reel brings up some good hits on google for a potential mechanism.

Fuck… so many good options if you’re willing to shell out the money (~$100) - 14awg/3conductor cable options seem abundant, finding compact 5ft-8ft versions seem to be the hardest part. Decent options under ~$30

I’d presume you wouldn’t need more than 14awg for a build like this… apologies if wrong.

3 Likes

Looking to be another stunner!

I have a retractable charger in my car that might be the mechanism you’re looking for…

Mines actually a 5 way splitter so it retracts a good bit of cable. Both sides extend and retract equally.

1 Like

Yep, i’m going for a fairly small battery so i wont be pulling too many amps on the phase wires i forsee, i am planning to go with 14 AWG for the phases.

2 Likes

Definitly

Touché.

2 Likes

Nice Linny! Cool to see someone doing a build with the hummie hubs!

2 Likes

i came

It needs to be known that wearing leather dress shoes on your esk8 is always a bad idea. They destroy leather sole shoes so quickly even if you aren’t moving around on the board that much and even if you always come to a stop slowly.

Learned that the hard way and still have not gotten new soles on my shoes yet. :sob:

A lot of clothing irons have retractable cords on them with various different methods being used to bring them back into the iron. Might be worth a trip to your local thrift stores to find some irons to take apart for parts. Mine makes you pull the cord slightly before it goes back in and kind of sucks, but I know other irons are better and it might also be something a little grease could improve.

Could also just buy the mechanism new but irons are stupid cheap used

1 Like

Thanks for the info guys! I’ll get my hands on things like those irons and measuring tapes etc to see how the inside works.

Meanwhile maybe I’ll do a temporary mock up and test the hubs first, connect it to a battery and ESC and give it a quick test ride maybe, since many have been asking me how the hubs feel

2 Likes

I’m loving it. Those hubs are something to behold.

5 Likes

Got my Xenith ready, its paired with a Xenigotchi and Phil’s heatsink. It was on the house when i got an ESC from him, perfect!

Im gonna do a ‘mock’ setup with a 10s2p Sanyo pack i have, and tape everything top mount on the middle of the deck this few days, i want to try the hubs on the parking lot first.

@BillGordon you are given permission to come look, and maybe step on it.

9 Likes

A bash guard riser for the back, dont wanna scratch up the deck.

Hmm, I’ll probably make a chasis to hold the battery and ESC. and the battery can slot in and out like a gameboy cartridge.

14 Likes

While installing my new riptide bushings i realized after a long while that the bushing seat for the underside of the hub hangar has a small recess, looks like itll fit a cone bushing. Im using barrel bushings so i machined an aluminum spacer on the lathe so it flushed the bushing seat.

For those who want to do something similar on their hummies, here are the dimensions

OD 22.6mm
ID 14.2mm
Thickness 2.5mm

10 Likes

I’m very excited for the phase wire and sensor wire quick connect part of this build

2 Likes

Me too, and fortunately itll just be phase wires as the hummies dont have sensors

2 Likes

You gonna try shifi?

1 Like

Possibly blowing my Xenith, idk yet… maybe when it becomes more stable…

1 Like

Wtf Linny from the past you just foreshadowed didnt you, you idiot?

I was taking a look at the freesk8 app as i was unable to update firmware to 5.3, and then i heard a tick sound. Didnt think much of it as i thought it might have been from something else in the shop. Board auto shut off so i pressed the button to turn it on, and SMOKE. Scared the shit outta me and i immediately pulled the battery out.

Anyone got a xenith i could buy? Or should i go stormcore… hmm

2 Likes
4 Likes

I don’t think you need such a powerful esc for such a ‘tame’ battery

2 Likes