Heed the warnings, don't trust Torqueboards

You forgot the best one!

3 Likes

I mean, just look at their return policy now:

STANDARD RETURN POLICY

All sales are final. We do not accept returns on any items.

Unshipped orders can be cancelled at any time. If you wish to cancel or have any questions, please contact customer support at help@diyelectricskateboard.com

PRE-ORDERS

Pre-orders purchases are not eligible for a refund or a return. A pre-order can be refunded for store credit only before the product has shipped.

CHARGEBACK POLICY

All fraudulent chargebacks are investigated and will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

7 Likes

Their return page just didnā€™t exist for a hot minuteā€¦

it has got to really suck for the most part trying to be an esk8 vendorā€¦

sucks to see so many of the companies struggle.

it is kind of crazy that so much of the shit we buy is basically buy at your own riskā€¦
shit breaks. that is your problem.

sure there are exceptionsā€¦ but for the most partā€¦

I really am afraid that some day we will all end up having to get parts from Mboards.

9 Likes

Iā€™m curious as to why one wouldnā€™t hire a native Chinese speaker, even if just for the purpose of interfacing with a manufacturer. Granted, demographics are different everywhere so Iā€™m sure my view is skewed. NYC is diverse enough that its easy to find native speakers of most languages that are bilingual. But still, even hiring a remote liaison would be worth the cost if it saves a lot of headache, mistakes, and unusable product.

7 Likes

yeah.
Iā€™m with you on this.
if Iā€™m buying motors right now it is flipsky.

which is funny rightā€¦ they come out on top that wayā€¦

I have I think 5 sets of TB motors and they have been great. but they are no longer my go toā€¦

i did have a fucked up issue with stripping the mounting holes on my flipsky 6374 190kv motor, but they are still my go to now

4 Likes

I agree it must be hard, but the one thing the community has no tolerance for is silence.

Stuff can be delayed months, sometimes over a year, but as long as we keep getting updates and communication, folks on this forum are cool. See Momentum as an example, and Speedboard as the opposite.

Stuff can fail and toss riders, but when the company comes in and says ā€œOh wow, Iā€™m so sorry that happened! We will send you a replacement and look into this right away!ā€ generally people here are good.

But with Torqueboards, we have stuff breaking left and right, including their most expensive product, and the response is along the lines of ā€œYou people are impossible to please. Learn how to fall.ā€

7 Likes

FWIWā€¦ my 75kv TBDDā€™s and 110mm 78Aā€™s have held up fantastically. To be fair though, I do not ride a ton and I try to ride in optimal conditions and roads. Only a 10s4p samsung 30q pack so never more than about 2800 watts, 80 motor amps.

I got the drives in October 2019 and the only thing Iā€™ve done is oiled the bearings and added threadlocker :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Also have an Enertion Unity from batch 2 going strong :grimacing:

I guess I should consider myself luckyā€¦ I hate to hear others have been burned.

2 Likes

This is a mother fucking disgrace!!!

2 Likes

Sorry, but maybe get stuff made where they speak your language.

10 Likes

luck of the draw is what it is all about with some of these partsā€¦

1 Like

TB really attempted to have low prices. But things tended to go downhill and we arenā€™t all the super resourceful type for fixing things we buy with problems that need solving.

cough cough notany1 inparticular

3QGx

6 Likes

That would only be possible with premium boardsā€¦
Wait :thinking:

3 Likes

I sense moderate to high levels of frustration coming from this thread so here are your therapy puppies

24 Likes

With a light showering of fuckery early on.

If @torqueboards makes some more 110s and 100 sets of 130mm then Iā€™m saying all is excused. Sorry ladies and gents, those are our options.

5 Likes

Money

4 Likes

I knew asking for a kaly xlr as payment wonā€™t fly under the radar, how about we settle on just a lacroix lonestar supersport?

2 Likes

PSA: Be super careful with TorqueBoards Direct Drives, almost got very injured again with them - #380 by abusfullofnuns
I donā€™t think he ever recovered from what I believe is my best reply on the forum ever. :joy:
Proud dad moment.

22 Likes

I like it cos you said cock :facepunch:

9 Likes