Heed the warnings, don't trust Torqueboards

This sounds like BS. Doesn’t matter what Visa told you. check the actual law of your country. I would be shocked if it was less than a year.

2 Likes

Theres no sorry to that.
It happened multiple times.

1 Like

LMAO :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Maybe not a traditional con man, but I’d say that continuing to sell stuff you know full well is defective and sometimes dangerous whilst offering no return policy and generally being an ass hat about it is pretty close.

He’s advertising products (still) as just ‘bolt on and go’ that he knows aren’t put together safely and will likely fall apart putting the customer in potentially extreme danger… but also has a no return policy. If that’s not a con, then I don’t know what is.

If you bought a brand new car from a dealership where you drove over a few speed bumps and then chassis warped and axles may / may not come off. And then queried it and they had a no return policy but were continuing to sell the exact same product to other people as though its a fully functional vehicle…would you feel conned? I think you would. More to the point, you would take the company to court and absolutely destroy them.

The only reason that doesn’t happen is because it’s an esk8. But the reality isn’t any different, this guy is profiting out of selling defective / dangerous products without any remorse.

Again, I have never bought anything bad from TB, my DDs were great. However, I absolutely hate seeing these business practices being excused because ‘it’s esk8 and he was trustworthy once’. It’s unacceptable regardless of the market or environment.

10 Likes

Given my experience being a vendor, I would say so.
I don’t have the same volume of orders. But I’d never drag customers on for months without keeping in contact and replying immediatly. I’ve only ever once had a delay longer than a Month and I couldn’t stop thinking about the customer the entire time.
I wouldn’t send out a defective product then refuse a refund. The instances where people have had problems outside of my regular warranty, I’ve always tried to make it right in some way. Its not a big community, nobody should start a venture without realizing profit can’t come first.

Sending a nonfunctional product then denying or ignoring refund requests is a con

19 Likes

5 Likes

ezgif.com-add-text(7)

Another thread and customer in the pit :man_shrugging:t2:

Been saying this for awhile now :rofl:

12 Likes

ive prob given over 50 orders to @anubis and the best vendor ive ever bought from
amazing customer service
awesome prices and just super honest and helpful

had some issues (pretty standard stuff not his fault) with a couple bits and they were always fixed within a wee

he should be a classic example of an amazing vendor

9 Likes

I feel this… I have a very small volume at the moment but my customers are always on my mind. Don’t want anyone to be un happy or not riding.

3 Likes

Shiiit, and I thought I was his largest customer :cry:

5 Likes

not quite sure how many but tons
often small stuff though like a couple metres of wire or whatever

being local in the uk and next day shipping is amazing

2 Likes

Hey! @ ben, why don’t I get next day shipping! Always takes 2 weeks after stuff’s shipped, so every day counts! /s :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I blame UPS for charging 12 euros to poland and then 45 to latvia

5 Likes

Noted, will move to Poland then

12 Likes

royal mail first class (nearly always next day) £1.20

just ordered a quick antispark from him

3 Likes

Can’t really complain about the TB110 so far, they are smooth grippy and not chunked yet, and I trusted @b264 praise for them. The ESCs did their job, didn’t explode. Only issue with Torqueboards was communication, and the feeling to either talk to a wall or to a retard when exchanging emails. What part of “No, I don’t want your canbus cables!” is so hard to understand? Sounds like some big cloudy mess between the online shopping platform generated mails, the advertising mailings, and the direct emails, even if always quoting the order reference, and using same email address. Can’t really imagine how that’d play out if there was some warranty issue to be discussed… :crazy_face:

Also a fair bit of annoyance with insane shipping costs to NZ, only to find out afterwards that the ordered goods would have happily fitted in a box a third of the size of what they came in, which would have made shipping more in line to what was charged when placing my order, instead of coming back begging to me with a “shipping costs have increased, blah, blah, covid, blah blah, it’s now 3 times more …”
I did put that on a very self centred mindset, that kind of fits my stereotype of Texans … who cares about overseas countries, right?

Still, happy with the products, but, for what it’s worth, I definitely have more joy shopping on AliExpress…

8 Likes

Even this part is nonsense. I’ve tried to cancel orders because I forgot an item, something small like a shaft key or sensor wires, and emailed to cancel asap because I didn’t want to spend $10 on shipping on a $5 item (I know I could’ve bought them somewhere else but I was an esk8 baby at the time). He responded back 13 days later saying they already shipped and couldn’t be cancelled/changed.

Order can’t be cancelled if you never respond to the email.

10 Likes

picture of that dead drawer please

4 Likes

Torqueboards is the new Mboards :slight_smile:

7 Likes

at least, as far as I understand, mboards is responsive’ish

4 Likes