Good Deals Thread

well, I’m using it every day at least 5km for the last year, it’s such a great pusher I don’t even think about esk8 for regular comute anymore, but the deck is beatten and the wheels ask to be put to rest already ^^

3 Likes

expensive as hell, but looks cool

1 Like

Why would you buy that at this price i don’t know (collection ?) :man_shrugging:

I’m surprised it’s not thicker, honeycomb alu is usually pretty thick, I was expecting to see a brick

I would not ^^"
but some people here around seems to have unlimited budget, so maybe we’ll see a build out of it

I don’t remember where they came from, but there were several things like this for 1/10th the price 15-20 years ago. I never saw one, but knew someone who tried one. They said it sucked and also they wore through the tail guard and it turned into a literal razor tail that was unsafe to skate.

3 Likes

Shame, it looks good

Yeah, I think the thing is even stiff popsicle decks have some flex. The way my friend described it those things had basically absolutely zero flex at all which made them very weird and harsh even for a street trick deck you expect to be pretty stiff.

yeah and certainly a shitload of vibrations and wobble at high speed

Have you tried any aluminium stuff like the ThreeSix boards? My friend has a double drop from them that I’ve ridden a good bit, haven’t gone above like 20-25km/h because it’s a push board but even on smaller wheels than I ever use it’s pretty nice. Maybe the honeycomb adds rigidity that the one I used doesn’t have?

1 Like

Nope, also like I said my knowledge about the aluminum popsicle decks was second-hand. Now that I think about it more I think I may have seen and even stood on it once after he stopped skating it, but everyone was afraid to use it because the tail was actually terrifyingly sharp. Like accidentally slice your finger on it picking it up sharp.

I like my threesix alot. Don’t really notice the stiffness, feels pretty much the same. The vibrations I notice are mostly from shit wheels.

1 Like

Cool that’s close to what I’ve experienced too, I’ve mostly ridden it on Powell Peralta Snakes and some decent venom wheels though. The limiting factor for stability and speed is probably my skill though rather than the gear so I’m not super qualified to comment on if it’d be great above 30km/h

Not a bad starter board. Somewhat local to me.

5 Likes

this is uncommon way to mount the motors, but it does solve a lot of issues :eyes:

3 Likes

I always thought it looked neat but would suck if your deck rubbed it on a turn. Sand that motor color right down.

2 Likes

i think a slightly wide truck like BN220 and long mount would solve it, still able to drag it around by the front truck as well

3 Likes

Kind of annoyed I missed out on this, but life has a habit of getting in the way :man_shrugging:

If anyone bought a pair of the 139mm SR TKPs and no longer wants them (for whatever reason) I’d be happy to take them off your hands. I want to build a long distance pumping board, and these look like a cost effective way to start. Shipping to USA or AU.

Drop me a PM if you can help me out.

1 Like

I have surfrodz for sale here:

Cheers,

I’ve had a look but they are a bit too wide for what I had in mind. Thanks anyway

1 Like

@Baxter this guy is selling some skinnier tkp parts that might work for you.

2 Likes