🌴 Go-FOC DV6 / PRO <High Current Dual ESC >

I got an email back saying 10-15days.

1 Like

I’ve taken the Heavy Weather for a few shakedown spins since I replaced the Unity with the DV6 Pro and I gotta say, it’s like night and fucking day. It’s almost frightening how much of a difference it makes. The torque delivery is instant and massive.

We’ll see how it fairs under pressure at the track next month but so far, I’m really impressed.

6 Likes

My DV6 Pro just arrived to eastern US and took 13 days.

4 Likes

Most factories are already off for two weeks for Chinese New Year. And there is some airline dispute between china and the US where both sides are canceling flights. Not sure if it will effect cargo or not?

But I would expect much longer ship times from now until like mid Feb or March.

3 Likes

As stated above, I received an email reply already.

@YUTW123 took care of me. For the cost of the difference, they already sent out my package expedited through FedEx.

5 Likes

Does your mod version include fixes for common bugs in 5.03, like the temp sensor bug (median filter bug)?

These bugs were fixed in 5.2, which I was hoping for DV6 Pro.
@YUTW123 What to expect?

1 Like

Just about to hook-up a Metr and noticed that the pinouts are different.

Can anyone help me marry up the DV6 comm with the Metr UART? I can’t find obvious equivalents for SWC and SWD.

5v - ok
3.3v - ok
GND - ok
AD1 - ?
RX - TX/RX (5?)
TX - TX/RX (6?)
A2 - ?
A3 - ?

https://metr.at/faq#q32 What pins of the JST connector are necessary for Metr Pro to work?

Only four pins: 3.3V, GND, TX and RX need to be connected. The cable uses 7 wires to match ESCs 7 pin connector. We can not provide a cable with missing wires and we don’t really have time to remove them. You can’t power the module with 5V.

If you have something sharp you can carefully rearrange pins in JST connector one by one.

4 Likes

Sorted, bro! Thanks for the lightning-fast response! :fist_right: :fist_left:

2 Likes

Mine arrived today! <3 Looks awesome I must say. I’ve managed to import this along with the BT module so cheap I call it a steal xD

Nevertheless, I’m worried about this FW version. Can anyone confirm or contradict the presence of the bugs in the DV6 PRO 5.03 mod? Because @YUTW123 is not responding… :frowning:

1 Like

Tried installing custom FW yesterday unsuccessfully. Had version 5.2, tried uploading custom DV6 PRO file one side at a time via USB and it would seem to work and show 5.3. When I disconnected then turned esc off and then back on, then reconnected to vesc tool it was back to 5.2.

I refreshed bootloader first too.

Ran out of time so gave up. Maybe need to upgrade to 5.3 first then try custom FW file :man_shrugging:.

2 Likes

Sounds like a bootloader issue

Use the custom file by @jaykup

The one on the MakerX website reports the wrong version. I had this exact same issue.

You also want to do each side separately and then power cycle after.

2 Likes

With the ~month long Chinese New Year going on I wouldn’t expect a response until mid-late Feb.

As far as we can tell, it’s only the hardware configuration part of the firmware that was changed. MakerX changed the shunts on this unit with lower resistance ones so they run cooler. The firmware just needs that resistance value to accurately measure the current. The other change is to raise the maximum allowable current limits compared the regular VESC 6 firmware.

I think when they posted the 5.3 binary, they accidently uploaded the 5.2 binary, or compiled it incorrectly.

Two people (that I know of) are running this custom 5.3 firmware and haven’t reported anything strange.

2 Likes

Nothing weird happened on my “custom” 5.3 yet, besides not being able to use metr Expert Mode on day 1 but it’s worked fine since.

I just picked up a dv4 for a friend. Im gonna set it up then itll pretty much stay as is. Should I update the FW or just leave it be?

Leave it on 5.2 and be happy. Not worth the risk.

1 Like

You’re right, it is 5.2. I assumed it was something older for some reason. Could this be the reason I’m having trouble connecting to vesctool on pc if I downloaded the new version for use with my stormcore?

So you mean 5.3 posted in noob questions thread (MakerX_DV6_PRO_5.3_UNOFFICIAL_jaykup.bin)?

Sorry for asking, but I’m getting confused because after posting this bin by @jaykup you have written you have a problem with breaks - or that was on another FW?

What do you mean? 5.2 is stock FW that comes with the DV6PRO? As far as I understand 5.2 doesn’t have the required modification for the max amp and other things.

I have no idea why makerX has written on their page that their 5.03 mod is required, and I read it is not a 5.03 really but 5.2 indeed?

Ooooh, help me to get out of this maze. This is my first build and I want to be sure it will work :smiley:

2 Likes

Did this. Still failed

Well that’s dumb :man_facepalming:

Did this. Seemed to work but when I turned off and back on it was back to 5.2

Where do I find the 5.03 custom FW file then do you know?

1 Like