🌴 Go-FOC DV6 / PRO <High Current Dual ESC >

I know you’re asking about the Esc’s thermal performance, but as a general rule of thumb, colder it’s better, so adding a heatsink it’s a good idea.

Also, from what I’ve read this esc has good thermal performance and I believe @ShutterShock has a video in his channel taking the vesc to it’s limits.

3 Likes

That’s why I ask. The DV6 already has a ton of mass.

2 Likes

Personally, I think any ESC can benefit from a heatsink.

In my testing with the DV6, I had my motors set to 80a each and my battery set to 50/side. I was able to heat up the DV6 to about 74C after three intense hill runs at 20-30mph. This all using my combo of bergs and clevers on a belt drive board.

I only weighed around 155 at the time, and the hill varied from 10% grade up to 25 ish% grade.

If you weigh significantly more than me, ride a lot in hot temps (80F+), or do intense offroading with pneumatics, you might see some benefits from adding a heatsink. If you had an open-air heatsink I’m pretty sure it would be very difficult to ever overheat the esc, unless pulling its max amps or something like that

For anything with urethane don’t even bother - for pneumatics, above 6 inches might benefit more, but for me, I’ve never felt the need to add one. It’s not often that I hit a hill as hard as the one I tested on, for that long of a time.

In normal riding I’ve not seen it go much above 65C on bergs/clever

I am starting work on my DV6 pro video very soon, but I do not expect it to perform any differently.

9 Likes

What a rollercoaster :joy:

13 Likes

I weigh closer to 200lbs and use 7inch pneumatics and not had dv6 go above 63degrees with no external heatsink. My battery dies before esc overheats. My logs show a very slow and steady increase in temp but never got close to overheating. If I had a bigger battery and could ride for longer it may creep up to levels where I’d consider extra cooling. For reference I have a 12s5p p42a pack and get around 20-25km riding hard, and up to 40 if chilling.

3 Likes

God I’m sorry lmao let me edit for clarity

I know electronics temps in C but all my feeling temps are in F

3 Likes

the classic American experience

2 Likes

It is half of DV6, and the size is reduced. It is small in size and has strong performance. Much more better performance than mini foc . we call it Go-FOC SV6, and it will be available soon.

5 Likes

:partying_face: sv6 is coming back!

3 Likes

14 Likes

What’s the thickness for the sv6? It looks thicker than dv6 :thinking:

1 Like

What’s the weight ? Just bought a few.

Also can you put option for DHL shipping ?

China post slowwwww

1 Like

Same as DV6. 23mm

1 Like

Hi, What is your order number?

Bought a DV6 pro a few days ago, what is the shipping time like to Canada?

Damnit I should’ve got 2x SV6 I feel big dumb.

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

I want 100 of them

What’s the advantage? Just that if one blows, you’re still rocking? Even if it’s more expensive?

2x sv6 looks like it will be smaller than a dv6

Single drive possible

Dual diagonal much easier

Replacing one blown esc cheaper than replacing a dual

3 wheel drive possible :rofl:

‐-----------

2 singles just seems a LOT more versatile to me, i’m a big fan.

11 Likes

Amen. The world needs more 3WDs! :laughing: :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

yeah, having to replace a dual when only one side goes blows chunks. modularity is a huge benefit.

why?

1 Like