🌴 Go-FOC DV6 / PRO <High Current Dual ESC >

Because there aren’t enough already? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

making me think of the RB-one with a scooter hub in the rear and a skate truck in the front

2 Likes

Happy New Year. :hugs:

10 Likes

happy new year! :partying_face:

7 Likes

Hi David @YUTW123

I see that the DV6 PRO takes a different firmware than the official VESC firmware, but I can’t find the source code for it on your website.

Based on the GPL v3 license the VESC firmware is released under, any code changes made to the firmware must be provided with any product using the modified firmware.

“For example, if you distribute copies of such a program, whether gratis or for a fee, you must pass on to the recipients the same freedoms that you received. You must make sure that they, too, receive or can get the source code. And you must show them these terms so they know their rights.” - GPL v3

I’m sure this was just an oversight and you fully intended to provide the changes made to the firmware to end users. Could you update your website with the source code, or at the very least the changes made (like the DV6_PRO.h file) to create the DV6 PRO firmware version? It appears as though you’ve already described those changes here:

The hardware design of course is yours, and we aren’t asking for a hardware schematic or BOM. We are only asking to see the firmware source code as required by the GPL license.

Thank you!

16 Likes

I only see the .bin and not the source, can you release the source ASAP so it can be included in the official release of VESCtool?

I believe this is legally required under the VESCtool license.

1 Like

I believe this is legally required under the VESCtool license.

To clarify this point, since there has been some confusion on this forum, which can be expected since only software engineers deal with these types of licenses on daily basis.

VESC software is under licensed GNU GPL 3. GPL variants are copyleft licenses. TLDR: copyleft requires the source to be released back under the same license. So that changes can be freely incorporate by the upstream authors or by other users. The full license can be found here The GNU General Public License v3.0 - GNU Project - Free Software Foundation. I would encourage everyone to skim it, since you interact with software licensed under GPL any time you use a computer or phone. These licenses are foundational to modern society.

5 Likes

Hey does anyone know about how long for shipping to US? I have a build that was just ordered for a birthday in 3 weeks that I’d like to use a DV6 on but unsure if it’ll make it. I cannot remember how long mine took.

@ShutterShock do you recall?

Hmmm idk it’s really hard to say from China sometimes

I want to say mine took 15 days but it has been quite a while since I ordered anything

1 Like

11/28/2021 - order confirmation for a MakerX DV6
11/30/2021 - shipping confirmation email w/ tracking - shipped from Zhongshan, China
12/10/2021 - delivered to Houston, TX
[13 days]

01/02/2022 - order confirmation for a MakerX bluetooth module
01/04/2022 - shipping confirmation email w/ tracking - shipped from Zhongshan, China
01/23/2022 (today) - tracking says “LOS ANGELES CA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER” - still waiting
[21+ days]

:man_shrugging:

Chinese New Year will destroy all shipping times. So if you want it, order it asap.

2 Likes

@frame go pick up everybodies stuff.

2 Likes

all of that for just a BT module?

1 Like

I wish I can, I have the space to do all the distribution, but no one wants to pay me for that :joy:

4 Likes

I got an email back saying 10-15days.

1 Like

I’ve taken the Heavy Weather for a few shakedown spins since I replaced the Unity with the DV6 Pro and I gotta say, it’s like night and fucking day. It’s almost frightening how much of a difference it makes. The torque delivery is instant and massive.

We’ll see how it fairs under pressure at the track next month but so far, I’m really impressed.

6 Likes

My DV6 Pro just arrived to eastern US and took 13 days.

4 Likes

Most factories are already off for two weeks for Chinese New Year. And there is some airline dispute between china and the US where both sides are canceling flights. Not sure if it will effect cargo or not?

But I would expect much longer ship times from now until like mid Feb or March.

3 Likes

As stated above, I received an email reply already.

@YUTW123 took care of me. For the cost of the difference, they already sent out my package expedited through FedEx.

5 Likes

Does your mod version include fixes for common bugs in 5.03, like the temp sensor bug (median filter bug)?

These bugs were fixed in 5.2, which I was hoping for DV6 Pro.
@YUTW123 What to expect?

1 Like

Just about to hook-up a Metr and noticed that the pinouts are different.

Can anyone help me marry up the DV6 comm with the Metr UART? I can’t find obvious equivalents for SWC and SWD.

5v - ok
3.3v - ok
GND - ok
AD1 - ?
RX - TX/RX (5?)
TX - TX/RX (6?)
A2 - ?
A3 - ?