Go-FOC D100 / D75 / D60

I think you’re just getting used to your setup lol

My MTB is at 12s 110a per motor and it’s super torque but recently I’ve been able to max it out without much hesitation, whereas at the beginning I couldn’t even full accel without some hesitation haha

2 Likes

Probably the issue! But it’s hard to have context. I’ve never ridden a prebuilt, despite having built 8 different DIYs. I can only compare to myself lol.

I’ve barely ridden prebuilts too. I can’t imagine any except the apex predator would actually satisfy my torque needs lol

Just gotta keep building more crazy DIY’s

2 Likes

Bioboards 4wd and top end Lacroix boards seem torquey AF too

1 Like

I still have not seen a bioboard in person, ever.

And probably but nothing crazy

Can confirm, but the gearing could be a bit more aggressive. And if anyone is willing to dabble in HV…ooooof so torque…so speed…so good

1 Like

derail: 4wd revel kit with kegel wheels :eyes:

I still have not seen another person on a board.

I saw a dude on a onewheel once, but I think I freaked him out when I started yelling and waving at him lol because he bailed pretty quickly off road.

It’s weird I live in a college town too

10 Likes

We have a guy who moved to NYC from Belgium. He has an old plutonium

2 Likes

This is so off topic now but yeah that’s wild considering I helped lead a 150 person group ride on sunday lol

1 Like

Is this yours?

Yeah blew up on half of its rated stats after 1 month …went well while working it on par or better than my unity . But a 1 month vesc is not ideal or fun .

1 Like

Thats very unfortunate. The 3 we have are going great for over a year now and we abuse them. I’d be curious to know what happened to yours

1 Like

Any chance this is user error? Phase leads touching? Short in the system?

I’ve got close to 1500 miles on my two, one of them running 100a per motor, 50a/per battery, and the other at 110a per motor, 60a/per battery

My friend also has one that’s been running for a year or so - the DV6 is what I always recommend, it’s solid, has great thermal performance, and isn’t too gigantic.

3 Likes

I had one cold solder joint when i first set it up and have a issue with fireware. then checked everything re heat shrunk all bullets and taped them after, no way it can be a short or user error. AND the guys is GHOSTING peeps …not a good sign

1 Like

when you install fireware instead of firmware

Jokes aside they’ve been good to me when my Hi100 exploded spinning up 300kv motors on the bench. They replaced them with a DV6 pro but I imagine they have a lot more orders/warranty/issues to deal with now and its probably overwhelming and costing them a lot of money.

I really think complicated products should hold beta status at the beginning to iron out issues with people that know what they’re signing up for, before scaling things up with a lot of units

8 Likes

The rush to HV correlates worryingly with the rise of ESC failures.

4 Likes

Naah, man. Flipsky and Unities compensated for the other side of the equation.

3 Likes

We really need more ESCs to have safety features against shorts on all inputs and outputs like ZESC did.

6 Likes

All smoke, no fire in your opinion?