FreeSK8 Mobile App - Public Beta Launch!

@skate420 what do the colors in the map correspond to? Doesn’t look like they react to which variables you have selected for the graph, so… speed, current?

Unless I’m blind, some sort of legend or indicator would be a nice addition.

Btw, the notes feature is a fantastic functionality!

3 Likes

It’s just a visual indication of speed, I believe it’s since been updated and has a different color mapping but iirc it’s generally relative to your top speed. You can pull up any point on the plot and it will show you the exact speed (and other metrics) recorded at that point.

@Venom121212 posts a lot of his logs here and they’re a pretty good reference to demonstrate.

3 Likes

Did someone say logs?

4 Likes

Yep, I was looking at my own logs - the map shows the route in pink/red/purple/blue/green.

It’s not immediately clear what’s fast vs slow. Maybe consider adjusting the route color pallet to shades of one color or red/yellow/green.

p.s.: where’s the best place to put UI/UX suggestions like this? github? here? freesk8 forum?

p.p.s. for example, a few thoughts that came to mind recently (in the latest v0.20.1):

• you can tap a place in the log graph and the map & data update, however you can’t do the reverse (tap the map). I remember where I was when I was gunning it, or something felt weird, and it would be great to be able to adjust the map to that location and see the stats for it.
  • the graph at ~30% of screen real estate is on the border of difficult to manipulate. consider minimizing the legend, the log date, or the max/top/average stats so the graph and map get more room. (the max/top/average stats bar already has the up/down arrows - it may be easiest to allow that bar to fully minimize.

@Evwan any idea how to swap from single to dual consumption? or maybe it depends on single vs dual esc.

1 Like

Connect to your board and start lookin.

Any of the above, we also have a pretty active beta group on telegram. A lot of what’s suggested in your post has been discussed, we have certain limitations within mobile phone frameworks + future plans that alleviate a lot of the log navigation limitations on mobile.

It’s in your Robogotchi configuration, menu on the left. Youll want to set it for 2hz for dual. We also have documentation hosted at codex.freesk8.org

It was originally like this and it didn’t look/work quite right, required more than a 3 color range to show any meaningful change. It’s intended as an ‘at a glance’ color feature, not a means of dictating your exact speed. We’ve iterated through a few versions and had discussions in beta channels and landed on the current version as the color choices are arbitrary in the end.

4 Likes

Excellent, really appreciate the explanations!

@Evwan I’m not sure if that was supposed to be sarcasm, or another way of saying you don’t know, or helpful but… it wasn’t.

1 Like

Yeah not saying anything would’ve been weird, so I just said something as like an idk

1 Like

May not have been his finest effort, but @Evwan is generally a helpful tuna casserole.

3 Likes

@skate420 friendly monthly reminder than profiles would be aweeeesome

1 Like

freesk8 has speed profiles

1 Like

He means for changing out a group of settings to ease swapping battery configurations. It’s something that would be useful to add. Also similar to what Fess is requesting in the beta chat.

4 Likes

Ohhh that would be cool. i plan on having swappable batteries on my mountainboard and id appreciate a feature like that

1 Like

Twice now I’ve had overcurrent faults pop up on my Davega (blue and red flashing screen, wild), but when i look at the FreeSk8 logs later no faults are recorded.

The first one was when we were crawling through that hilly pass just before the jumps in the woods. I think my wheels spun in loose leaves and dirt.

Is that sort of fault not recorded for some reason?
I assume the Davega gets the fault messages straight from the vesc, but I’ve never seen any errors when i check vesc tool either (which is very rare, to be fair).

Maybe it’s a Davega issue?

It’s just surprising i don’t see record of these faults on anything but the Davega

Uploaded 5.3 on the Stormcore 60D+ so I could use both UART ports and finally get some data.

Setup is:

• 12s7p p42a
  • 6385 173kv
  • Stormcore 60D+

100a Batt max total, 100a motor per side. I feel like I’m reaching the limit of this ride, but I’d like to know others thoughts.

*Can these logs be viewed on PC? Loading the CSV in VescTool doesn’t seem to do anything.

*Also can settings be changed within logs after they are created, for instance if the wrong wheel diameter was applied?

1 Like

https://upload.freesk8.dev

No, the logs are made with your current settings, trying to apply it retroactively to different logs would be a bit tricky/messy.

1 Like

There it is, awesome.

Thought so, thanks :+1:

2 Likes

Not quite sure where to ask this, but I suppose this would be the best place.

Do I have to downgrade my vesc firmware to v5.3 to use the FreeSK8 app? I’ve got two flipsky 75100’s and a nrf51822 BLE. I’m currently on v6.02 and have seen some others in the beta 6.0 thread say the freesk8 app works with their system. The app can see the board but when connecting it stays at the loading screen.

I’d love to switch to metr or robogotchi eventually, but they’ve been unobtanium for a while.

Thanks Fellas

It doesn’t work, but is a work in progress.
Vesc tool is your only option I think

:frowning: :trumpet: womp womp

Worth a shot, thanks for the fast reply