Go-FOC D100 / D75 / D60

Yes stock FW comes all set to go, no need to change anything.

1 Like

Yeah but if you did detection again you would have been given the option to return to default settings, which may have switched them back on

1 Like

If this esc has the potebtial to burst inti flanes because you may have accidentally hit 'run default aettings" instead of ā€œdont run default settingsā€ then everyone deserves thier money back for these thinga. But no I never change to default settings when running detection

12 Likes

If itā€™s really that dangerous then these ESCs should really be using a custom firmware file that disables this setting on a hardware level. And the best way to ensure that only the custom firmware gets used by customers is to make a merge request to the vesc tool project so that it can be included by default. Itā€™s really not that hard.

This might have saved Spintendā€™s reputation as well, assuming their claims of people using wrong firmware were all true.

17 Likes

100%

7 Likes

Yeah Iā€™m more than upset about these damn ESCs. Bought two of them, one for me and one for my cousin. First one we install, explodes and catches fire during detection. Had the installed firmware that came with it and phase filters were turned off.

Second one, the power button stopped working after like 2 uses and could not figure out why.

8 Likes

Oh, this is fucked up. Just when I thought we had a no-brainer leader in the marketā€¦

2 Likes

Yes, very worrying. Ive got an OG Maker X D75 sitting there as a spare when ubox were having all the issues. Funny thing is my ubox 75v has been flawless to date (touch wood).

12s escs the DV6 is still a great option. Wish there was something reliable at higher voltages!

1 Like

DV6 not a great option

Apparently the era of the antispark still is not to be yet

Sticking with the DV6 I guess

That sucks. Iā€™ve had 4 and all perfect. Iā€™m still using two DV6s and push them hard.

I guess nothing has shown to be bomb proof. Starting to consider the Stooge Race board esc setup. 8s with high amps on inrunners and castle creations mamba esc. Apparently the Stooge boards have NEVER has esc issues.

1 Like

Iā€™ve seen them have ESC issue in person.

Also their setup is jerky as hell and not very fun to ride

3 Likes

Ok, i stand corrected then haha. As far as jerkiness though, Iā€™ve watched a lot of footage of Stooge race boards and they donā€™t look overly jerky. Race boards you really want to take off.

2 Likes

Iā€™m having a bit of this issue with with my setups. Though they are all capped at 12s, I feel like Iā€™m hitting an acceleration ceiling with them. Canā€™t get the start torque I want despite pretty high settings

1 Like

This has always been my question. Especially when it comes to braking modulation.

1 Like

Itā€™s not good.

But this is all off topic

2 Likes

I think youā€™re just getting used to your setup lol

My MTB is at 12s 110a per motor and itā€™s super torque but recently Iā€™ve been able to max it out without much hesitation, whereas at the beginning I couldnā€™t even full accel without some hesitation haha

2 Likes

Probably the issue! But itā€™s hard to have context. Iā€™ve never ridden a prebuilt, despite having built 8 different DIYs. I can only compare to myself lol.

Iā€™ve barely ridden prebuilts too. I canā€™t imagine any except the apex predator would actually satisfy my torque needs lol

Just gotta keep building more crazy DIYā€™s

2 Likes

Bioboards 4wd and top end Lacroix boards seem torquey AF too

1 Like