Go-FOC D100 / D75 / D60

did u try to reflash the bootloader in?

3 Likes

No. But to be perfectly honest, i’m having the exact same issue with two different units, this really isn’t my problem and i’m not convinced that any amount of fuckery will make this ESC a viable product in it’s current format.

If it doesn’t work straight out of the box, what’s the point?

6 Likes

That’s running custom firmware, so the VESC tools (3.0 or 3.1) won’t have it to update it. You’d need MakerX to send you the 5.2 firmware file or the source code to compile it.

2 Likes

Except for the first 15 D75s pre-installed with custom firmware based on the 75300. The rest of the versions use the default firmware of 100250.

Have you tried restoring the motor default parameters?

This might be a FW5.3 issue and not a D75 issue. Does what this guy just posted sound familiar?

Interestingly, I had pretty much the exact same issue when i tried FW5.2 on my trampa VESC6’s. Detection results were consistently terrible, and the only solution was to roll back to FW5.1. I’ve also heard of plenty of other folks having detection issues on FW5.2, and now FW5.3. Seems like a total coin flip whether someone will get decent detection results with newer firmware.

4 Likes

I installed plain 5.3 on my early batch D75 and I’m having significantly better results than the included firmware
@glyphiks

1 Like

I have never been quoted so many times in a row lol.

I also remember this happening to me before on another FW version a few years ago with the 6.6. I had to roll it back then to a previous version that worked. I assumed it would have been fixed by now, but I guess there are so many variations in the vesc designs that fixing something for one vesc will break something on another?

2 Likes

The firmware seems to be mostly developed for the official designs. It’s really up to the ESC manufacturers to contribute their own hardware configurations for the firmware to the VESC project rather than using a stock hardware config that’s close, but doesn’t exactly match.

Companies/ESCs like Lacroix, ZESC, TeamTriforceUK, Spintend, FOCers, etc all contribute their hardware configs to the project so their firmware is exactly what the manufacturer intended.

I think MakerX is in the process of that, and Flipsky couldn’t care less.

4 Likes

:kissing_heart:

4 Likes

No, the Trampa VESC 6’s run perfectly in all situations and if they don’t then you just set it up wrong.

/frank

16 Likes

Amazing. I guess Trampa never gets anything wrong, ever. It’s uncanny. they always blame the user every time.

I totally haven’t discounted that this could be a firmware OR a user error.

But this is the firmware that the units shipped with. I would expect it to work a little better.

6 Likes

How has the struggle gone? I’m considering a D75 for 13s but I’m waiting to see if your issues are with the hardware or just FW

3 Likes

I found a third one and it worked like a charm.

@YUTW123 followed this up and it appears that this is very likely a hardware issue, but i’ll let him explain the details

6 Likes

Problem found: The resistance of the Hall pull-up resistor is too large. Which makes the motors with weak Hall output undetectable. If your ESC has this problem, please contact us. We will handle this for you for free.
Sorry for the inconvenience

20 Likes

Will the resistor value be corrected for all future orders of these ESCs, or only if the customer has issues with their setup?

3 Likes

Subsequent orders will be corrected

9 Likes

Is this also a problem on the original small batch D75? I’m still yet to use it as it was bought as a spare. Just curious. Thanks.

1 Like

Mine did seem to have detection problems but have eventually got it to work.

1 Like