As previously discussed here, I’m going to be organising a group buy for Flipsky VX2 (and VX1, I already ordered a large quantity and can let them go at rock bottom for a GB) remotes.
Here’s all the information you need to know about the group buy in order to make an informed decision as to if you want in
- I aim to exactly be able to break even on the price, but its likely it will be ± a few bucks as there are usually some unforeseen costs. Its still going to be a hella good deal though!
- As of now, the cost for a VX2 Remote is set at 48$ + Shipping per remote, and the VX1 Is half, $24. Please note these costs do not include taxes, and the buyer will have to choose if I am simply reshipping the remote or reselling (Pay VAT or not) and the declared value of the remote.
- The group buy will likely be closed on Jan 15th, however if people are still signing up by that point we can move the deadline to after CNY, Feb 2nd.
- I have the funds to buy everything upfront, so delays due to people dropping out or small differences in cost are unlikely. I have the VX1s on hand, so as soon as a moderate quantity has been reached I will be able to ship them immediately.
- If you need to drop out before the order date, please DM me.
What to know about the VX1/VX2
The VX2 is flipsky’s screen remote. We are group buying the colour pro version, not the shit old one. The VX2 Only functions over UART (COMM) Port, and you need to select the right pinout for your VESC. The 4.XX Version (4.12, 4.20, Focbox unity) works exclusively with 4.XX VESCS. The 6.XX (VESC 6, 6.6 and 6.8) works with 6.XX only. It does not function over PPM, so you cannot use it with ESCs. The VX1 functions over PPM (The unity is recommended over PPM), 4.XX and 6.XX. I have the special version of the VX1 which includes a PPM lead in every box, and is in a thicker non-branded box. The only difference between the 4.XX and 6.XX versions is the cable included, so if you get the wrong one you can swap the cables with tweezers to get the right pinout. The VX1 also has a flying lead which needs to be soldered to BAT+ if you want the voltage on remote feature, although it doesn’t require this to be soldered.
Estimated shipping costs
(All packages arrive usually within 5-6 business days, sooner for the EU and UK)
To the UK, a VX1 can be shipped for as little as 80p in a padded letter. This isn’t really recommended, because it takes away the protection of the box. I can also ship via second class for £3 and first for £3.50, or if you must have online tracking, Hermes is the best deal at something around £3.60, but they take 4 days instead of 1.
To Europe, including Sweden, Norway and Iceland, its going to be £4.60 via Royal Mail International Standard. Tracked options do exist, but they’re usually not worth your money, as all packages are actually tracked, but you have to pay double to see the tracking events.
To Canada and the US (#1), as well as south America and the Caribbean, its £4.75 via Royal Mail International Standard. Tracked options do exist, but they’re usually not worth your money, as all packages are actually tracked, but you have to pay double to see the tracking events.
To Australia, New Zealand and other remote locations, its £6.40 via Royal Mail International Standard. Tracked options do exist, but they’re usually not worth your money, as all packages are actually tracked, but you have to pay double to see the tracking events.
You can either pay via:
- My store directly if you want to bundle your remote with anything else I sell at nexusboards, the listing will be made nearer to the time of buying, I think VISA is accepted via Shopify (VAT Is automatically applied though)
- Paypal invoice in USD or GBP
- Crypto, as long as its not a shitter altcoin
- Cash, if you happen to want to meet me physically in Swansea, UK
If you want one, you must PM me. I am fully closing this on the 17th.