FW 5.3 is out! Vesc Tool 3.01

Yes.

5 Likes

There is this thing called a dynamometer that is meant for testing motors and inverters.

1 Like

It’s cheaper to just not.

1 Like

I mean, you can build a 4kW one for under 2 grand, but I guess the project just doesnt have any money?

2 Likes

its not just as simple as doin dyno test gamer to make sure a new firmware for vesc is working properly. Its testing it on all different kinds of vescs hardwares, motors, riding conditions, settings etc that makes this whole process much harder.

And since we dont have a fucking AAA skyscraper team of Programmers,coders and people who knows alot about circuitry to help build,test and update vesc firmwares and just all different vesc escs themselves u cant just treat it like ur doin a ecu flash on a bike and retuning it. Its not how esk8 works

5 Likes

I’d be interested in a community designed low cost Dyno using commonly available components.

5 Likes

my motors acted the same way as that on 5.2 on the bench but not on the road

1 Like

I have the file, but I’m having an issue navigating to where it’s stored

can anyone help out? VT3.01 full APK on a Chromebook

Not for me :pensive:

2 Likes

can anyone confirm this is okay to use on the DV6? VT is warning me I’ll for sure damage my HW if it’s wrong

I have some leads courtesy of @DerelictRobot as to why it’s stuttering/ faults near duty cycle limit. I’ll give it some testing mañana.

Don’t they supply the source files? They have to do that. Can you please ask for the source files of the FW?

2 Likes

It’s not for others to do your annoying work

If you want to figure out what FW you need for your device, you want to have a look at the differences in the FWs.
Making sure that the software stays open source is not annoying, it is actually helping everyone here make things stay transparent and workable. Closed sources are annoying…

8 Likes

Everyone following the GPL license helps you (@PixelatedPolyeurthan ) and the community.

This isn’t a so-Trampa-makes-more-money-thing like the Youtube bullshit they do. These are two separate things.

3 Likes

MakerX uploaded the “5.03” DV6 FW on their web

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-OFkWbNUdvaoxpzLMdFi-aAycK7J7GMT/view?usp=drivesdk

That is a bin, not the source. I wonder where the sources are.

7 Likes

Indeed they uploaded it and must make the source available, but this is only for the PRO. The regular DV6 can use the official version I linked above (is the one I’m running right now)

1 Like

Ask them for the source.

It’s not optional; they are legally required to comply.

3 Likes

That new binary they uploaded is not reading as version 5.03 in the new BLDC tool 3.01 either. I have flashed it successfully on a DV6 Pro using an ST-Link V2. I confirmed it is being successfully flashed by intentionally writing all zeros (temporarily bricking) and confirming sad boot, then flashing the new bin they uploaded. The VESC tool still reports it is 5.02

2 Likes