Fusion360 Battery Pack Script

Had some spare time today so decided to make a script to help sizing out battery packs in fusion.

It can create inline and staggered cell layouts for any size of cell and any required cell spacing.

All code can be found at

How To Install

Download this: https://github.com/OS-Esk8-Alliance/BatteryPackGenerator/archive/master.zip

put the “BatteryPackGenerator” folder in fusions script folder here

• Windows - %appdata%\Autodesk\Autodesk Fusion 360\API\Scripts
  • MAC - ~/Library/Application Support/Autodesk/Autodesk Fusion 360/API/Scripts
  • MAC (if fusion is installed from the app store) - ~/Library/Containers/com.autodesk.mas.fusion360/Data/Library/Application Support/Autodesk/Autodesk Fusion 360/API/Scripts

How To Use

in fusion go to “Tools” then “ADD-INS” then “Scripts . . .”

You should see the “BatteryPackGenerator” under “MyScripts”. Select it and hit run

Enter all your required parameters here.

hit ok and enjoy your battery pack

Hope this is usefull to someone :slight_smile:

If you guys have any ideas for added features then let me know.

68 Likes

A web based version of this would be cool, might be pretty easy.

4 Likes

That is really good work, impressive.

6 Likes

If you know how to make it happen then go for it. Personally i dont know web stuff so here it is in fusion.

3 Likes

That looks cool mate!

3 Likes

Great work, I might have to download fusion just for this. Is a 1mm glue gap pretty standard to get that total cell spacing value?

Very impressive. I am working on end caps for battery packs and may be able to tie this in. If I cook anything up I’ll report back.

2 Likes

not really, there are just some numbers i guessed to be a good starting point. I think this spacing is actually a little conservative.

I have seen 18650 strips designed for anywhere from 18.5 to 19.5 depending on if the cells are “naked” or in a cell holder. then 21700 are different again.

In reality if your modelling form this you should tweak all dimensions to make sure things are accurate. EG. a 30Q is closer to 18.4mm diameter, but not all 18650’s are the same.

But that is the reason i made a UI so you can easily change all the things :wink:

5 Likes

example of use:

lets take the trampa monsterbox.

according to trampa the usable battery space is 205x190x74mm

lets say we wanted to see if we could squeeze 40T in there

I can see that 12s8p is a no go.

But 10s8p is fine.

5 Likes

And I was doing this by hand. :joy:

I’m just starting to get up to speed in 360… I appreciate the work and inspiration!

3 Likes

So was I but I was starting to get annoyed with making up many different packs to test things out.

3 Likes

Damn Q! This is amazing.

I’m actually going to try and use this tomorrow, been wondering what size pack I can squeeze into my case I got!

Thanks for letting this one out for all of us to enjoy!

2 Likes

Very useful! If Im making a new pack in the future ill look into this :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Amazing. Then needs to be implemented for flat packs too. Thanks a lot for your work!

i guess this can at least make single stack or double stack groups that you can then tile manually.

1 Like

true didn’t think about it.

@Pedrodemio you can use this for my enclosure! it would be easier, no?

2 Likes

Most important feature, probably:

20 Likes

Woohoo added these so I knew when someone has actually started using it :rofl:

Double points if you find the one with the typo that I noticed after I pushed the code.

5 Likes

Hm, that one?

1 Like