Fusion360 Battery Pack Script

Nah that’s just bad grammars

2 Likes

Didn’t spot it because I didn’t know who or what that is :joy:

8 Likes

So for the cell spacing on larger cells, do you recommend using cell diameter plus 1-2mm?

Found it in the wild :slight_smile:

It was a moral dilemma clicking OK

7 Likes

I would recommend also adding a fishpaper thickness between the p groups, its around 0.5mm or so thick i can measure tomorrow, it adds up significantly when the space is tight :smiley:

2 Likes

I am just getting into the topic of actually building a pack, so forgive me if that’s a stupid question: Why do you need fishpaper between p groups if you’re building a solid, non-flexible pack that is all glued together?

1 Like

Just as an extra safety, if 2 cells from different p groups make a connection where they shouldnt then a short circuit happens because of different voltages

Ok, I see that. But it is slightly overcautious as there shouldn’t be any vibration and abrasion between groups if they are glued, right? Or is this absolutely recommended?

All depends on the glue, temperatures of your glue gun, amount of vibrations, how the battery is mounted etc

Why not spend 3$ more and use 5mm more of space for that extra peace of mind?

1 Like

If at all it’s the 5mm and not the money :sweat_smile: But I will note that and try to incorporate it, thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

You willing to bet your house on “shouldn’t” ?

Heatshrink is a bad against abrasion, That’s why we have fishpaper. Might as well use it.

Just cross-posting this here because i thought it was relevant and usefull.

7 Likes

Awesome! Definitely going this route when I make another battery in the future :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Does anyone elses script just bugs out an keeps loading?

If cell size and spacing are the same then it has to do lots of unions And can be slow. I have found that when the spacing is bigger than cell size it runs much faster.

helpfull?

omg this thing is sooooo nice work man where can i donate something??
im serious about tht :slight_smile:

Thx sooo much man this makes searching for a case soo much easier!!!

2 Likes

Dude this is so sick! Thank you!

If we ever meet, a pint will do :+1:

1 Like

Mnn this tool i sooo nice i just created a cell holder for 80 21700s

the dimenions are 151x224x10
Had to change the cell layout to get it to fit the layout will look like this then for a 16s5p pack

grafik

and the inner dimensions fo the Pelicase 1200 are 181x235x105
so it will be a snug fit :slight_smile: printer will run today

A pint off course where are you from man?
Im from Austria (europe) maybe at one event we could meet someday.

KR and thx again

3 Likes

I wanted to get into fusion360, but heard free options now are somewhat limited? Could anyone chime in?