Battery and electronics will fit in one?

i do feel pretty shitty about not cutting them. i got a bit lazy and strongly regret not doing it. but since it was with the neese module kit i ran out of crimps as i had to do it a few times after going throug ha few BMS’s i did say it looked like shit.

1 Like

no problem man, i got really freaking lucky, i printed the neese modules and bought the case to see what config i could fit them in and this seemed to be about all i could get in. their is just about no wiggle room side to side, but their is enough room other way to fit a chunky BMS

1 Like

Has anybody the dimensions for a 16s5p 21700 pack?

1 Like

I made a 12s7p for @Saturn_Corp awhile back. Sure there are better ways to pack cells, but it seemed unreasonably tight to me. (Pictured: 1200 pelican, 21700 cells)

4 Likes

What config? Brick?

If you do a 8x10 brick it’s around 180mm x 230mm with fishpaper between every p group.

1 Like

80 cells vs the 84 cells, just about the same if you are looking at this case.

1 Like

Ok so when i do it this way it could be fitting in a pelicase 1200?
What you think?

1 Like

That would work but something like this is probably way easier to build. You can just use a piece of 30mm nickel for each series connection.

The size is around 215mm x 174mm, but the cells are right against each other. Its probably closer to 182mm x 220mm with fish paper and wrapping.

2 Likes

nice thx man i just investigated the fusion 360 script for battery backs and made a cell holder

1 Like

Normal fishpaper is 0.25mm thick, I think

Ok adapted the layout like yours saves me space again

Think ill double the series connections with 2x 0,2x30 or 25 nikel strips

1 Like

Because the current is going across the width of the strip and not the length, you only need 1 layer for most of the series connections. (Shown at bottom right)

The length of those strips will be approx. 95mm which is a cross section of around 19 mm^2. Nickel can comfortably carry 10A/mm^2 so you are good for ~190A

For the series connection on the end, I would fold over the nickel and use big copper braid or a couple pieces of 12 AWG like shown. Or you could use a bunch of layers of nickel.

1 Like

Ok great now i understad why i often see packs wothout additional copper braid or similar on top
Thx very much

1 Like

There’s a script??

1 Like

Oh follow this guide

1 Like

Hey I am building a 12s 3p but I cant find any thing about what size Nikel strip I should use for that size battery, What do you guys think is the right size?

Depends if you want to draw 500mA or 500A, what cells you’re using, what welder you have access to, the shape your battery needs to be, how your series connections will be constructed, what voltage drop and heat level you’re okay with, and a thousand other things.

Generally speaking, 50mm wide 0.2mm thick nickel is pretty good, in the absence of any relevant information.

I think each well-done spot weld is good for about 5A, if I recall correctly. There is a Q/A thread:

1 Like

for my 12s3p Im using the Mollicell p24a. I need a new welder. the Nikel is 10mm by .02 thickness and its 99.9% N6. I wish there was some ware to look at different nikel and how much current and amps they can take. That seems alot smaller than what you recommended. Do u have any recommendations? Thanks

Did you read my post and follow the links?

Thanks, That was so weird the first time I was like what is going on herer because the links didnt work, but now they are working. lol Yo that sheet is so helpful, I seen another one floating around but it didnt have as much info as that. Thanks again dude/

1 Like