Funny steering trucks. Major Arc, Curfboard, Lean Trucks, and all else that makes your head turn.

major arc seems newer and has a normal mounting pattern.

idk lets hear your thoughts. Any more companies I missed?

3 Likes

axle length is 33.3mm

2 Likes

There’s the older cam trucks like the Original S6/8/10 and Hamboards HST200 that have a ton of lean and turn

1 Like

Right this could be a thread for all extreme steering trucks or it could focus on trucks that allow the wheels to tilt to the side/lean.

see this category for more wheel leaning boards, including the @Flexboardz

Not sure, it can be whatever trucks have a lot of steering ability I guess.

1 Like

For extreme turning ability trucks we are just going to end up talking about surfskate trucks which are unrelated to the two leaning trucks that I posted at first.

we don’t have a surfskate thread yet so I’ll make that now

Surfskate tech, can it be useful for esk8?

1 Like

Yeah lets keep this more focused on trucks that make the wheels lean relative to the ground and not trucks that let the deck have a lot of lean. Free to talk about whatever I’m sure this thread woln’t be too busy.

1 Like

That’s not exactly confidence inspiring :joy:

But those look sick as hell. I would love to slap a set on my sportster and get loooowwwwww. (Though to be fair, a sportster with Bear trucks dropped through on 75mm orangutangs is already pretty damn low)

As far as electrifying them, I am reminded of the selling point of the Loaded hubs. Cus I have no fucking clue how you would get mounts on these :joy:

I guess it would have to be something that attaches to this part:

Maybe a custom machined replacement for that piece, which has a super small gear drive built straight onto it?

But that makes clearance for the mounts a big concern, as they now have a ton of travel relative to the deck.

2 Likes

i don’t think its possible? since the hanger actually slide from side to side when turning, we might need to replace the whole axle part “somehow” :joy:

e: holy balls, i didn’t see those ninja edit

3 Likes

Yeah exactly. Mount cant attach to the hanger, has to attach to the moving axel bit.

1 Like

I think you can remove the 2 pivot bolts and insert a L bracket type motor mount, you’d probably need to use a thick block and CNC it with some support fins otherwise it would bend at the corner where there is a stress concentration

2 Likes

wait…how much length jedhub required minimum to mount again? :eyes:

1 Like

It uses a stock 24mm axle but you need the hanger to be 22mm diameter or smaller for the first bit so it might interfere with the link

1 Like

I think axel length wont be the problem, it’s the fact that the Loaded motors are designed to sit over the hanger a bit, which is not possible here.

2 Likes

guess who just got a set :wink: (of the hubs not the trucks) and wanted to know which system was better

@RipTideSports just wondering if you have any opinions on these leaning truck systems, I’ll try to upgrade the bushings and pivots when I get a set.

1 Like

I’d start by not using them at all.

But, if I had to, I’d remove the whole black knuckle piece at the end of the hangers and make a new knuckle that had a motor mount sticking out of it.

4 Likes

I hope you mean mounts, or that’s mean you have never even seen them ridden. Could be major bombastic.
Although after some digging I saw the person who make a lot of the content about Leanboard say it really isn’t very good at speed at all and is purely about cruising.

2 Likes

or just make a motor mount that slide over the two hangers and have two screws through the two holes?

1 Like

If you are doing that work you might as well make a whole new steering knuckle bit with an extended axle which you might need to fit any belt or gear anyways.

Guess you did not include the stepped part so the included axle should be long enough actually I take that back. I actually agree a mount that fits over and attached using the stock bolt locations would be ideal! Very good idea man!

roughly 42mm, idk how much is needed.

3 Likes

i don’t know man, i rarely pull a good idea out of my ass, u might need to get some rendering to see if that will actually work or not :joy: i can’t draw for shit and i certainly have no idea how to use cad or fusion or something something

e: the only problem that i see is how to have an axle that won’t snap on high impact

2 Likes

Old fashioned way… Measured ABEC 107 wheel with Enertion pressfit… 32.8mm from bering to bearing
:expressionless:
oh need room for the nut right, yeah throw a 10mm bearing in the pulley and it should all work great!
https://www.majorarcboards.com/medias/
moar lookies

1 Like