Surfskate tech, can it be useful for esk8?

Here we can talk about surfskate products and how we might want to use them.

non electric discussion is fine, but we love slapping motors on stuff. Don’t we.

2 Likes

I liek the look of these

2 Likes

These will be delivered to me in a couple of days.
Apparently these are not ideal for surfskates, but seem perfekt for my trike setup (to decrease turn radius)

1 Like

we should use this thread for surfskate trucks. Maybe the title could use work to be more general.

1 Like

You need your own entire truck wiki bro.

I’ve only ridden a couple of surfskate trucks.

Paris v2s on waterborne surf adaptor - really not a fan, it’s a slow response time and washed out feeling from those things… not much fun.

Carver CX - suuuper snappy and divey, really nice for low speed pumping and ridiculously sharp turns. Really stoked on the CX.

3 Likes

Waterbornes adapter is scary as hell. I havent tried other surfskates because of it.

1 Like

Don’t let the surf adaptor cast doubt on real surfskate trucks! The surf adaptor is a joke!

4 Likes

I agree. I just ride really loose rkp, and sometimes turn my back truck around and dewedge the fuck out of it for an extra drifty setup. I just really hated the waterborne. Maybe its just bad for electric iunno. Ive heard carvers are great tho.

1 Like

So… anyone have a cheap waterborne adapter to sell me??

I gave mine away for 15 bucks iirc.

1 Like

Lol, I used Waterbornes on manual board didn’t think they were that bad, but don’t have much to compare it to. Planning an electric build around them.

4 Likes

I’ve got one lying around that’s almost brand new if you are looking to try one, got some cosmetic wear on the bottom cuz I used some bolts that were too long but otherwise it works fine. On a smooth road it feels great but the roads where I ride are shitty more often than not.

1 Like

https://www.juckerhawaii.co.uk/Carving-Pumping-Achsen-RUGGED-Version-2-Skatesurfer-Trucks-Set-Black

If these are the same diameter as caliber trucks, we might have a really nice way to mount motors on CX clones…

1 Like

Tbf if i were gonna electrify surfskate trucks, i’d just use loaded hubs. Easy peasy.

3 Likes

The build I’m working on, but put on indefinite pause cause I’m lazy/haven’t been motivated lol.

1 Like

I like it https://www.reddit.com/r/ElectricSkateboarding/comments/r63txp/i_did_a_thingmaxfind_kit_loaded_tan_tien_105/

It livesssss, lol.

2 Likes

There is a thread where those wrapped boards go…

4 Likes

Lol feel free to move it there