Anyone have a set of current gen SRB 3-links, a decent set of calipers, and a little spare time?

I don’t know either, but that looks sweet!

1 Like

:flushed:

3 Likes

yep if the BN AT drive was here already I could be designing an adapter

3 Likes

You mind dropping the assem file?

1 Like

Stooge NKP 3LK.zip (10.7 MB)

1 Like

tysm!

1 Like

actually, looks like im missing a few parts?

yeah if you need more info lmk. I did not want to drop every detail Stooge put in there, although I would like people to make parts that interchange with the stooge truck parts. So if anyone wants to design their own truck like this just ask for my help.

I would love to design set of trucks with ackerman steering and wheel camber from leaning in a similar style with a rod end as the main pivot.

3 Likes

ok i see, I think this will be enough - thanks

1 Like

yep if you need more just lmk

1 Like

Sorry to bug you again, but do you mind sharing the dimensions of the little slot milled into the 1/2"-20 threaded section that is used to align the radius rods?

1 Like

Don’t know that.

1 Like

looks like it goes from near the center to right wherever the farthest out position you need the collar to be at while re assembling. Because it needs to be put in the slot before tightening the bushing preload down, holding the axle from rotating.

1 Like

oh ok, for some reason I assumed you had a pair of the trucks. Do you happen to know the size of screw used as a set screw to hold the collars onto the radius rods, and which lock into that slot?

1 Like

I have the trucks.

did I delete the Mcmaster part numbers? oops you can find them easy tho.

oh dang you’re right, I totally forgot those were in there even tho im literally staring at them lol

1 Like

Praised be McMaster

2 Likes

yeah lol I wish the mcmaster file names were a little better I always have to rename them to be more obvious then I delete the part number.

You are supposed to have all the part numbers in a BOM but that is for the real Pro’s you know.

1 Like

oh yea, and in regard to the thing you mention about Ackermann steering capable trucks, I think I remember reading a think by a guy who did that - lemme see if i cant find it.

here: https://digitalcommons.calpoly.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1075&context=imesp

Is this the kind of thing you’re thinking about? or are you after something more similar to the design of the srb nkp?

1 Like

Oh nice you found that link too yeah I linked it in this other thread where I would talk about a DIY rod end suspension truck

yeah I want to use rod ends in a similar way using the threaded shanks to adjust ride height and such. There are many ways to do with without rod ends and many different ways to do it using them.

Ideally you are getting not just Ackerman steering but also the wheel camber when turning unlike a car.
I discuss the differences from just ackerman and wheel camber turning trucks here

one of them might be the cheapest and easiest and that’s what I want to try first!

1 Like