Anyone have a set of current gen SRB 3-links, a decent set of calipers, and a little spare time?

Praised be McMaster

2 Likes

yeah lol I wish the mcmaster file names were a little better I always have to rename them to be more obvious then I delete the part number.

You are supposed to have all the part numbers in a BOM but that is for the real Pro’s you know.

1 Like

oh yea, and in regard to the thing you mention about Ackermann steering capable trucks, I think I remember reading a think by a guy who did that - lemme see if i cant find it.

here: https://digitalcommons.calpoly.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1075&context=imesp

Is this the kind of thing you’re thinking about? or are you after something more similar to the design of the srb nkp?

1 Like

Oh nice you found that link too yeah I linked it in this other thread where I would talk about a DIY rod end suspension truck

yeah I want to use rod ends in a similar way using the threaded shanks to adjust ride height and such. There are many ways to do with without rod ends and many different ways to do it using them.

Ideally you are getting not just Ackerman steering but also the wheel camber when turning unlike a car.
I discuss the differences from just ackerman and wheel camber turning trucks here

one of them might be the cheapest and easiest and that’s what I want to try first!

1 Like